1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trim Ringtones?

What happened to the ability to trim the ringtones? I only see a way to set them as they are? I am not interested in a 3rd party app, I loved how it was built in!

Default Re: Trim Ringtones?

You can go into the music player... in the My Library section, locate the song that you would like to be your ringtone, long press, click set as ringtone and then click trim the ringtone.

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

you can trim your own audio files. When you go to ring tones there's a button for new ringtone. After you select the audio file, you can trim it.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by MsAnn82 View Post
    You can go into the music player... in the My Library section, locate the song that you would like to be your ringtone, long press, click set as ringtone and then click trim the ringtone.
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    you can trim your own audio files. When you go to ring tones there's a button for new ringtone. After you select the audio file, you can trim it.
    I have tried over and over both of these... It does not work on my EVO 3D, no where have I found "Trim"!

Same here, I get the option to set it as the phone ringtone, or contact ringtone, no option for trim.

Quote Originally Posted by allofthepeople View Post
    I have tried over and over both of these... It does not work on my EVO 3D, no where have I found "Trim"!
    Maybe you can find the apk from the 4G somewhere...I use ringdroid...

Quote Originally Posted by allofthepeople View Post
    Hmmm I'm not sure then...I am using an EVO 3D as well...I am using the native music player that comes on the phone (it's lime green). The songs that I am trimming are songs that I have downloaded from the market. Maybe that makes a difference.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

click on player to open up to where it uses the whole screen then hit the menu key and go to more then hit set as ringtone and then press trim the ringtone

New to the E3D but as a converted BB user, I use myxer to upload my music/ringtones, etc. and trim there. Did some last night...
    Last edited by bronzfinga; 06-29-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typo

There is a ringtone trimmer in the all apps list, so it should be possible...