Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default get rid of language change key in keyboard

anyone else keep on hitting this accidentally while going for space/symbol? I would much prefer my symbol key to be larger. any ideas?

Edit: Swype keyboard btw

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

Default Re: get rid of language change key in keyboard

You might be able to pull apart the swype apk, you would have to modify the images in the location of the keyboard/that key, and remove/freeze the function of that key. Then after that reinstall it.

You can always download another keyboard or use the regular htc keyboard.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

I hate this as well. I like Swype, but on the Evo 3d, half of the times I try to swap to symbols I hit the language button. It amazes me you can't turn it off.

I've noticed that too. Oh well...

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

The swype 3.0 beta completely removes the language select button, you change it in the menu only

Unfortunately 3.0 beta can only be used on phones that DON'T come with swype pre-installed (I used the beta when I had my nexus s, on my 3vo I can't use it)

The good news is that as soon as Swypeinc releases 3.0 the language button will be gone

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

First time I accidentally hit that key I got so pissed off at swype. It should really be an optional thing. I could see it being usefull for my hispanic friends, but I use spanish zero percent of the time. Would much rather assign "@" to its own key down there like on the webos keyboard.
    Grand Tech

Global Posts
    1,238 Global Posts

Having a "@" key would be great!

for the life of me, i can't understand why swype put this in..... sometimes you wonder how decisions are made.......

Quote Originally Posted by strat1227 View Post
    The swype 3.0 beta completely removes the language select button, you change it in the menu only

Unfortunately 3.0 beta can only be used on phones that DON'T come with swype pre-installed (I used the beta when I had my nexus s, on my 3vo I can't use it)

The good news is that as soon as Swypeinc releases 3.0 the language button will be gone
    Do you know if the preloaded swype will be upgradable to 3.0 when it is fully released? I'm dying for better touch typing when i just can't seem to swype the right word.