Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Jc3

Default heat normal?

my phone seems to get pretty hot... just wondering if this is something i should be concerned about or if it's normal? i bought it at amazon wireless so who would i go thru for tech support if it is a problem? sprint? amazon? HTC? i'm guessing sprint.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: heat normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jc3 View Post
    my phone seems to get pretty hot... just wondering if this is something i should be concerned about or if it's normal? i bought it at amazon wireless so who would i go thru for tech support if it is a problem? sprint? amazon? HTC? i'm guessing sprint.
    How hot is hot?
    Please thank me if I have helped!

Current Phone - Sprint GS3

Previous Phone - Evo 3D - Evo 4G

I've been experiencing the same problem. For me, it's the upper-half of the phone that can get extremely hot. Almost too hot to touch.

I think I might have to exchange this phone.

Charging and playing plants vs zombies gets it too hot plus the glass lens...

Ive had my phone in my pocket the last couple days at work and somehow my camera gets activated and i only notice because of the extreme heat in my pocket.... thats the only time it gets hot for me... wish my camera wouldnt activate in my pocket it killed my battery yesterday

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyK361 View Post
    Ive had my phone in my pocket the last couple days at work and somehow my camera gets activated and i only notice because of the extreme heat in my pocket.... thats the only time it gets hot for me... wish my camera wouldnt activate in my pocket it killed my battery yesterday
    How does your camera activate in your pocket?, the only way the button works is with a long press when the phone is unlocked I think

Quote Originally Posted by dtblair24 View Post
    How does your camera activate in your pocket?, the only way the button works is with a long press when the phone is unlocked I think
    He probly has a shortcut on one of his homescreens and accidently unlocks it and hits the camera app...I did it all the time with my 4G...

Oh, and I've seen mine get to 107 degrees so far...

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts

What are you taking a picture of in your pocket?
    Android Ninja in Training
    EVO 3D
    TF201 64GB
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Ours get really hot at work too...so does the Thunderbolt we have running around. Our engineers say it's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by enthuz View Post
    What are you taking a picture of in your pocket?
    LoL honestly it hasnt actually TAKEN a picture, the camera is just on and running... and who knows for how long before i notice my pocket get hot(I work outside in south texas so its hot anyway). But yea so im not sure how my camera gets activated but its the only thing i have seen when i pull it out and my screen is on... its weird. I do have a shortcut however on the lock screen(I think its there standard)

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 1.1-CM7-Stock

the heat is from the processor, my evo would heat up too, its just the processor in these phones are getting more and more powerful every month and they are keeping same to smaller depth, passive cooling can only do so much...becareful thou because the heat can reduce battery preformance
    My list:
    God
    Family
    Android
    Everything else
    Devil
    Apple
    Steve Jobs

It's a hot phone!!
    Hottest phone out

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

mine gets warm when running various apps, but it is not as hot as my Pre would get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jc3 View Post
    Overheating is an issue Sprint is aware of. My first E3 overheated and died. No problems so far with my second one.

Mine got to 105.8 playing angry birds for about an 30 minutes. Is that too hot? I am a little concerned.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default help please

hey guys new to the android left the iphone and so far I am super happy with the evo 3d and dont miss the iphone at all anyways my question is my evo 3d runs at about 30-35c temp wise and it'll get up to tbe highest I have seen it at was about 43c thats pretty high up there. So the question is, is it normal to be at the temps of 30-35c while at idle? and 43c when its working it does get a little warm. Please let me know guys

Default Re: help please

I think 33-35 is normal. I've seen it in the high 40s when playing games. When used hard it does get warm.

^^^It's the nature of the beast...

How do you see the temperature of the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyK361 View Post
    LoL honestly it hasnt actually TAKEN a picture, the camera is just on and running... and who knows for how long before i notice my pocket get hot(I work outside in south texas so its hot anyway). But yea so im not sure how my camera gets activated but its the only thing i have seen when i pull it out and my screen is on... its weird. I do have a shortcut however on the lock screen(I think its there standard)
    same thing happened to me too, felt the phone getting really hot in my front pocket, took it out to find the camera open. dunno know why that would happen when the proximity sensor should leave the screen off. i've also noticed the phone getting warm at random times when all I was doing was using the internet w/4G, over 100 F.

Mine actually gets hot enough that it burns my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Efstratios View Post
    Download a battery app that displays the temp...

Quote Originally Posted by Efstratios View Post
    I use Battery Snap, pretty useful app