Anyone who got EVO on the 24th, have problems with 2 UPDATES?

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I know the people that got there EVO 3D's before the June 24th release date were hit with more than two updates. For the rest of us who got our phones on June 24, we only are getting two updates.

The first one you have to get before the second one is System Upgrade 1.13.651.7

The second one, which you can't get unless you get the first is the Watch update + other fixes.

The reason I am asking about problems is because I am now on my 3rd EVO 3D.

The first one I did the two updates, and I did a complete format of the EVO 3D after the system upgrade.
I then added the Watch update after the format.
This phone had a problem of intermittent battery charging problems. No matter what plug or charger the phone would not charge all the time. I took it to Sprint, and they thought it could be a bad port or anything else they weren't sure. The gave me a new EVO 3D.

My second EVO 3D seemed fine the first day, which was Monday. I did the updates the same way, and charged it on Monday, no problems.
On Tuesday I used it all day and tried all the features with no problems. I shut down the phone after use all day, with 19% left of charge on the phone. After turning it off, I went to go charge the phone, and nothing happened. No lights went on, nothing. I tried different plugs, different chargers (I have a travel charger also), nothing worked. I tried to turn the phone on, and it wouldn't. I finally had to do a battery pull, and that worked.

Fast forward to Wednesday. Everything seemed fine running it most of the day. I decided to call Sprint Tech to ask about the problem and report. Tech told me to shut device down to see what happens. Sure enough, it wouldn't turn on. He said take it back to Sprint.

Finally, I went back to Sprint, and the Manager gave me a new EVO 3D, again. I asked her what could be causing this. She said that there has been a discussion that these problems could be caused by the updates. She advised me not to do the update at all. Which I haven't done, but now I can't use Watch to see the Green Hornet movie unless I do the update. The Watch program keeps prompting me to do the System Update, not the Watch update.

My question is if anybody that got there phone on or after the 24th, did you do the update? Is your phone working O.K.? Any charging problems, not starting problems, etc? I really want to figure out if the UPDATEs are really the problem or is it just a bad batch of phones that were released with some hardware problems, bad charging port, battery charger mechanism, starter, etc.

Please let me know. I am going on vacation tomorrow and have a long 9 hour drive and would love to use the Watch app.

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure those of us that got them on the 22nd had anything different than what was sold 2 days later. I'm sure all the inventory that was sold that week was sitting and waiting to be shipped.

That said, I've had no problem with any of them.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
No charging issue here after the watch update. I did notice a minor issue after the update. When watching movie whether its through watch or the built in player in gallery, if you press the volume button and the volume button shows up on the screen the movie skips. It's more obvious on lower frame videos. But again just minor.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Got mine from Amazon right after release. Had zero issues with it and applied one OTA update plus the apps update. If you hard reset it, you'll likely get the apps update again, but not the OTA.

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure those of us that got them on the 22nd had anything different than what was sold 2 days later. I'm sure all the inventory that was sold that week was sitting and waiting to be shipped.

We aren't. I got mne early and my wife got hers on the 24th. We both have had the same updates. No problems in either phone also.

iduarte21

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Bought 2 phones on the 27th both have had all the updates installed, no major issues on either except my phone cuts off the temperature when we reach triple digits (lock screen).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes