Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Random freeze up and it restarts automatic.

i got my evo last Saturday and it was great no problem until this morning. The phone started random freezing up and ends up restarting. I am on google maps navigating and it freezes up or webpage. Someone web browser doesn't open and goes back to home page. Phone is in idle mode simply sitting on desk it restarts automatic.

I also noticed the restart started slowing down and the phone gets stuck in Sprint welcome display.

I am thinking its software maybe something I downloaded. I uninstalled most recent apps and still continues.

Is my solution hard restart?

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Re: Random freeze up and it restarts automatic.

Was having the same problem and took my phone to the sprint store. The tech said that chompsms was causing my problems and recommended that I remove the app and then do a hard reset. I removed the app and hard reset the phone and havent had any problems since. Will put chomp back on when they come out with an update and see if the freezes and resets come back.