Speaker/Auto-Brightness Problems?

jtemple33

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
What's the deal with the low speaker noise? Just curious to see if I am the only one and maybe a bad speaker, or does the 3D just have a smaller speaker than my old Hero?

Also, it seems to me that the auto-brightness does not work at all. Burns my eyes at night, as soon as i take it off auto-brightness and slide it down it is much lower. Has anyone else noticed this?

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue and word of advice return it (your all within your 30days) and get a new one....

My Evo 3D now (2nd one) has an incredible speaker! I cant believe how bad the one was i got on release day (sounded crackly and tiny like you were holding your finger over the speaker)

Its night and day difference I promise you! I was just listening to one of the pre-loaded songs on the music player and thats where you can tell the significant difference - it def sounds just like my 4G now loud and clear and no garbled mess!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I know some of it has to be internal software.
The spiderman 3d game starts off super loud.
But other apps i run i can hardly hear.

I am going to take mine back in a week or two and let some go thru the local store.
Crap, where did i put my reciept.

iEd

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
When I got my E3D i noticed that the speaker was kind of low also.

I did a factory reset for another reason I screwed up my Google calenders sync so just started from scratch.

Now I notice that the speaker is very loud. I checked by calling VM and at first I thought I was listening to the speaker because it was low I was actually listening to the ear piece. When I turned on the speaker it's nice and loud. So I'm thinking the fac reset did it.

jtemple33

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, I would really hate to do a factory reset to test that out. Honestly, I am so tired of going into stores for an exchange and they just BS the customer out of it, and deny any problem at all. All the phones are always "all like that".

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Interesting find.

I went into a store Saturday and had my 3D replaced, Green tint with some pictures.
My replacement device was nice and loud. I immediately went to my office. Put it on the charger, started to DL my apps. By the way after i signed in using my gmail acct, went in and accepted terms of Market Place. I noticed all my apps were automatically downloading. Thats a frist for me.

Ok that wasnt realy why i am posting here. Some of my apps are streaming media. One of them is a police / fire scanner app. I actually provide some feeds so i test it to make sure they sound good. Well the audio was louder then my previous EVO 3D. I thought yes great. I am happy.
An hour or two pass, then i get a notification for a maintence update from HTC. I down load it, 26 megs. Same one that came out to address the issues of calendar i think.
After reboot my scanner app is no longer loud. Its back to being quiet.
Tested out music and Pandora, same. So my GUESS is that something in that maintenence release that first came out is also lowering external audio.

Great way to test this, start the Spiderman 3D game. Its audio is pretty loud on start up.

Just an observation i made this weekend.