Do I enable Always on Mobile Data in network settings

eddyknights

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I see in network settings a option to enable always on mobile data.. Does this option need to be on or off.. any diff in performance when i click on it states that it uses more power in some mobile networks if you disable it it says it may cause connectivity problems in some applications and that you may need to manual refresh ect... whats the best option here

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would leave it on as is. Using more power on some mobile networks refers to your phone when it has a weak signal, or is roaming. Unless your roaming often, it shouldnt impact your batter too much. If it does, switch it around and see what works best for you.

eddyknights

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
are we talking about same setting when you go to wireless and than mobile networks its the ssettingon bottom that says enable mobile data always on , that was off for me lol

LegendarySoul

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
If I were you, I would leave as it is. Why turn off? If you need something connect, do not turn off unless you prefer everything disconnect for your whatever you want for your safety.

ryudo423

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I am constantly getting hit with error 67 as I switch in and out of roaming often. Would be good to know people experience with this setting.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If I were you, I would leave as it is. Why turn off? If you need something connect, do not turn off unless you prefer everything disconnect for your whatever you want for your safety.

When the EVO 4G was originally released. Turning this option off was one of the first things that was done to help preserve battery life. The 4G is pretty hungry.

I am constantly getting hit with error 67 as I switch in and out of roaming often. Would be good to know people experience with this setting.

From the home screen go to:

Menu > Settings > System updates > Update profile

This has been done to cure the error 67 before (I had to do it on my EVO 3D as well).

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I would leave it on if you want your apps to be able to update. If you turn it off, your 3G connection will turn off until your screen comes back on. For some it might not be a big deal and will save some battery power, but you won't be connected until the screen comes back on. For me, I leave it on because I am always on Google Talk, have Flightview and need the updates and a few other apps. If I turned it off, GTalk would disconnect and flightview couldn't update until I turn the screen back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox