Capacitive buttons too sensitive!

strat1227

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'd say 3-4 times a day I'm using the phone for something and somehow trigger the "Home" button even though I'd swear I'm miles away from it

simpsons-the-doh-4900579.jpg

Spazo

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm coming out of a Pre and I'm always hitting the Search or Home buttons when I'm trying to just use one hand to work on the 3vo.

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I usually don't have to touch them to activate them, but I noticed when I turn off the vibration feature that you actually have to touch them or they won't work.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have noticed. However only when my finger is hovering while I'm at a mental crossroads. Otherwise I have no issues with the sensitivity level. It would be a nice option to variably control it.

anon(384894)

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yep I've done this a few times as well without actually touching it. Slightly annoying when it happens, but it isn't very often so no biggie (for me at least).

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how I feel about it, but yes, they are sensitive. They don't require me to touch them to activate.

Try messing around with the touch on the screen itself. It stands to reason that it's one capacitive unit for the whole phone. I could be wrong, they could have individual units for the buttons. But the screen seems overly sensitive too. When I touch a link while browsing and move my finger away, sometimes the phone picks it up as a "highlight" or "text select" action instead of opening the link.

I am hoping they turn it down a tad on the next bug update.

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I usually don't have to touch them to activate them, but I noticed when I turn off the vibration feature that you actually have to touch them or they won't work.

Thanks for the tip. Although I think its the same but less annoying since it doesn't vibrate

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I just installed an exoskin screen shield and it helps with the sensitivity. Love this thing. Covers the full glass .