1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Default Charging Issues?

I have had my Evo 3D since launch and I love the phone, but I notice that when I charge the phone till the light turns green and my battery gets to 100% that if I leave it plugged in the battery does not stay charged at 100%. Does anyone else experience this? It's a bit annoying because I like to have my battery fully charged when I wake up the next day, not to unplug my phone and start at a 95% or below charge. Thanks!

Default Re: Charging Issues?

yeah...i never see 100% on my app either...maybe its a bug with the app? highest I got was 98%
    "月に代わって... ~ おしおきよぅ!" - 月野うさぎ!

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

If its anything like the Evo 4G charging system the phone stops charging once it is completely charge when it is plugged in .
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt

It will be a mixture of the phone stopping its charge at 100% and a bug in the battery percentage widget you are using.

Sent from my Inspiration
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    It will be a mixture of the phone stopping its charge at 100% and a bug in the battery percentage widget you are using.

Sent from my Inspiration
    This. If you were to unplug the charger for a minute then plug it back in it'll start charging for a decent amount of time after that.
    I have no signature.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    If its anything like the Evo 4G charging system the phone stops charging once it is completely charge when it is plugged in .
    Even my evo 4g kept the charge at 100% when plugged in though.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Actually, it's better than the 4G. The 3D charges to 100% then allows itself to discharge to 95-96% and then charges back up to 100%. If you're unplugging it and it isn't at 100%, you are just at one of the lower spots in the charge cycle.

If you want to see this for yourself, download from the market as it provides some nice graphs and data recorded about the battery.

My 3D has been plugged in for about 10.5 hrs.... I hv 3 battery widgets too see which was better and they all say 89%... I can't break into the 90s or even get near the 100% charged battery.....

Any ideas m, is it user error or something else?