An Eye Opening Review...

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
None of those here either...I dont use a lock screen but I just tried the camera thing and it didn't lock up....the temp can be fixed with an update pretty easily

anckentucky

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered over the phone through sprint, I'm not really worried about it as I'm sure I could be. The phone is still only a week or so old. I just know there is a lot of android devices out there and I don't want to get these phones and replace them because of problems over and over again like the previous phones i had that were not smart phones. I've heard HTC already released 2 updates thus far, but it still seams there are quite a few bugs yet to be fixed. Has anyone spoken with HTC on a tentative date for another update?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Never had any of the issues he had. Never had a lock up with camera, never had any glitches with Google Search. Nothing... Has worked flawlessly EVERYTIME I used it.

That dude works for apple.

This phone is tight man. Ignore his ******ed review. I have no clue how he got his phone to fail the way it dude. I got mine on launch day and have yet to report an issue.

joejoe1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I never noticed the camera glitch although it has happened to me once before today. But when I tried it, it happened to me 4/15 pictures. So I think he's atleast being truthful in that there is a camera glitch. But he made it seem like it's such a huge deal. IT's not, and i wont be taking my evo3d back for this one glitch.

Also, I couldn't recreate the goolge voice glitch.

I think we would all be served with a checklist of things to check for when we have our evo3ds so we can make sure we got a good batch of fones.

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Have two EVO 3ds. They are f ING awesome. Only the camera quality is a little disappointing. Was hoping for amazing..its not.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have 23 days left on my 30 day test drive. I'm starting to get ticked off, I can't find anything wrong with this phone. Just remember even the gawdphone has about a 7% return rate. :D

P.S. After watching the vid went and got another one for the kid.

Last edited:

shantheman#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Never had any of the issues he had. Never had a lock up with camera, never had any glitches with Google Search. Nothing... Has worked flawlessly EVERYTIME I used it.

That dude works for apple.

This phone is tight man. Ignore his ******ed review. I have no clue how he got his phone to fail the way it dude. I got mine on launch day and have yet to report an issue.

That's a pretty crummy thing to say towards someone who took the time to make a video to give people the 411 on his evo 3d...I watched it and I'm a big htc fan. If he works for apple...then some apple fans should be far more upset...he bashes the iPhone quite a bit more than his problematic evo 3D.

I'm on my third evo 3d...and I'm still trying to stay positive. Several others have commented on their similar problems. We are glad yours has been 'flawless' but not everyone has had that experience despite wanting it to be true as well.

powerbyte#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
First off...the guy doing the review needs to get his fire alarm batteries checked. Hearing that damn chirp every few seconds was annoying...

Second...the problem with the apps (some of them), may be that they haven't been optimized for certain phones and displays.

This guy needs to relax...he can't blanket the WHOLE 3D production line with his problems with ONE phone. Yes some of us are working flawlessly, but others have a host of bugs...it is what it is, but it all appears to be software based. And the last time I checked, those are things that can be fixed with a software update.

And BTW dude...you were watching the GREEN HORNET....not the GREEN LANTERN...sorry, pet peeve!

Cheers!

Robert

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
First off...the guy doing the review needs to get his fire alarm batteries checked. Hearing that damn chirp every few seconds was annoying...
I was listening to this review with earbuds and had to take them off to make sure that I didn't need to change the battery in the smoke detector in my apartment.

On another note, using the drag homescreen feature to reorder them isn't a software glitch. Whichever screen is in the center when you are in the view showing all 7 homescreens is the default one. If you move it out of the way with a drag, just drag it back over.

Efstratios

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I just tried my EVO 3D's camera exactly like he did and it actually did freeze up. I took a picture of my keyboard, very close up with the LED flash going off, and the camera froze up for a while. I had to press the home button to get out of it. If I take photos from a normal distance, it's fine and there's no freezing.

You guys try this, take a photo of an object very close, within a few inches, with the flash going off and see if it causes it to freeze up. Then take one from 5+ inches away.

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I just tried my EVO 3D's camera exactly like he did and it actually did freeze up. I took a picture of my keyboard, very close up with the LED flash going off, and the camera froze up for a while. I had to press the home button to get out of it. If I take photos from a normal distance, it's fine and there's no freezing.

You guys try this, take a photo of an object very close, within a few inches, with the flash going off and see if it causes it to freeze up. Then take one from 5+ inches away.
I dont know if its just with "an" item up close, I think it has something to do with the blacks. I thought I was bug free taking pictures of envelopes and my desktop, and boxes, getting no error, but as soon as I took a snapshot of my keyboard sure enough the camera app locked up. So I did it again with my blank monitor, again lock up. Took a pic up close of my white printer and its fine. I wonder if HTC is aware of this issue.