New SMS notificaiton stuck or for my own texts?

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
*edit* may have found my issue. in the notification settings, "display message on screen" was set to sent and failure. changed it to failure only, seems to have worked

Anyone using the stock app having this problem? I'll get a text message, respond to it, and move on with what I'm doing. I come back to the messaging app home screen to find new messages... except they aren't new messages. The last message is mine.

So it's either thinking my text is new, or the notification for the incoming text hasn't somehow cleared.

I saw a similar problem posted on the HTC support forums, but curious if anyone else is seeing this.

Last edited:

strat1227

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I vaguely remember having this issue with the stock app, I only used it for a day or two though before switching back to handcent

No clue how to fix it, didn't really bother trying. Does the notification go away then come back later? or just never go away?

mbj8448

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue when I open the new text from the notification screen. Even after reading and/or responding to it, it is still marked as a new text in the conversation screen view. Only after opening it again does the notification go away. I have just been opening the text from the icon and conversation screen. Annoying, though. Hopefully they'll be a fix for this bug in a software update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech