[ROOT] RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter | Updated 06.04.12

anon(9334)

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Description
Please read this entire post before attempting to root/unlock!
RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter provides easy bootloader unlocking, recovery flashing, and rooting of the HTC EVO 4G LTE's stock firmware.
This rooter DOES use HTCdev.com to unlock your bootloader.
NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader erases ALL user data on the phone! Be sure to back up with Titanium or something similar!
Successful in rooting all builds up to 1.13.651.1.
If you have any problems while rooting, reboot your phone completely and try again.

What it does
  • Verifies Device and Battery Level (Needs to be charged to at least 40% before running)
  • Reboots to Bootloader and Gets Unlock Token
  • Sends Token to HTCdev.com
  • Retrieves Unlock_code.bin
  • Unlocks Bootloader
  • Flashes TWRP Recovery
  • Sends Superuser packages and busybox to device

Usage
Before Running! - Clear your Google Wallet Settings!

1. Unzip the .zip file to anywhere on your computer. Leave both "RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter.exe" and "AndroidLib.dll" in the folder together.
2. Run the "RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter.exe" on your computer, Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer options, then plug in your Evo.
3. It will recognize that you plugged it in, and a big button that reads "ROOT ME" will appear.
4. Follow the on screen prompts and wait until rooting is complete.

For a complete tutorial with a video on how to use my rooter (thanks djR3Z) visit:
TheDroidDemos.com - How to root the HTC Evo 4G LTE

Requirements
Windows Computer
HTC Drivers installed
.NET 4.0 installed
Active Internet Connection (for communication with HTCdev.com)

Screenshots
Screenshots

Special Thanks
djR3Z - Working with me and developing new, innovative ideas
jayjam99 - HUGE thanks for helping me out with htcdev! This guy really saved my butt.
TeamWin - Their awesome TWRP recovery
sparkym3 & Dan Rosenburg - Local root exploit
Chainfire - SuperSu
Testers - PodCulture | wileout

Changelog
Version 1.1 | 06.04.12:
  • Possible fix for flashing recovery error
  • Fixed email sever connect issue
  • Fixed minor graphical issues

Download Latest Release
RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter x86
RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter x64

Download Info
Rooter x86 Zip MD5 - d7839a77da5e5ddad8ad1fd364d4e4a2
Rooter x64 Zip MD5 - 60c57a24aebf578925788f1b93eb0d5c

Reactions: igeekman

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Niceeeee. I want to try this but I want to hold out for one that won't cause ur bootloader to say tampered

anon(9334)

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Niceeeee. I want to try this but I want to hold out for one that won't cause ur bootloader to say tampered

Well, tampered is because of the rooting, not the unlocking. When you add files to the /system partition, it changes the checksum of the partition which flags the bootloader as tampered. So any root method that puts anything in /system (aka superuser, su, busybox...) will flag the bootloader as tampered.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
What are the benefits of rooting my EVO plz
I'm coming from a pre and rooted it for preware to add patches and themes is it the same for Android?

Is there something like preware for Androids?

Also what do you do when there's a update for your phone?

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Last edited:

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
This method looked great, but did not work for me or my Son. Tried on three different PC's. So just did it the long (HTC-Dev then root) and was good to go. Too bad, I wanted to see this with my own eye's

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
lol this was so much easier than the og evo's root process.

10 minutes and i'm soff and enjoying all my root app's once again.

Hats off to you Sr.

Reactions: anon(9334)

Doctechx

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
lol this was so much easier than the og evo's root process.

10 minutes and i'm soff and enjoying all my root app's once again.

Hats off to you Sr.

Huh? I didn't think any of the current LTEvo root options had given s-off yet.?.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Man for some reason I can't even open the .exe file...have the HTC drivers installed...the .NET 4.0 installed. When i click open it says some HTC files missing, although I installed the file you posted here...help?

sakatty

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I hav tried this multiple times now and i keep gettig the same mesage "Error Remounting Filesystem as RW". This hapens with message - Error pushing file. What to do now? what's next? operating Windows 7 / 64bit

mgrovenor

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have tried everything and have done the process three times according to the video and text 411 and keep getting this error. Please help.

attachment.php

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have tried everything and have done the process three times according to the video and text 411 and keep getting this error. Please help.

Click to view quoted image

What software version are you on? Settings -> About -> Software Version.

Try posting in regaw's XDA thread with the same title, that is his home base and he is super responsive and helpful. The thread is also quite long so you might find someone else has already had the same problem and resolved it.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know how to update with the newer version just updated on 08/08/2012... it takes you to TWRP and then you have to find a file and the file is not there! I need help..