EVO lte stuck on spash screen

cmn800

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted EVO Lte and was changing the fonts with font installer. The application rebooted the system and now it is stuck on the splash screen. I went to recovery mode and did a Factory Reset. At the top is shows Locked and I have been unable to get it unlocked at this point. Can anyone help?

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Not to sound like a smart a** but not rooting it may have prevented that.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Not to sound like a smart a** but not rooting it may have prevented that.

Very helpful. That's like telling someone that got in an accident that not driving may have prevented that. :rolleyes:

OP: doing a factory reset puts your phone in the state it was out of the box, which means unrooted and locked.
Are you still stuck on the splash or can you boot into Sense? If you can boot back into Sense, you're going to have to start all over with rooting and unlocking.

For future reference: always always ALWAYS make a full backup from recovery before making an sort of mods to a rooted phone. That way if you bork something, all you have to do is reboot to recovery and restore your backup.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a rooted EVO Lte and was changing the fonts with font installer. The application rebooted the system and now it is stuck on the splash screen. I went to recovery mode and did a Factory Reset. At the top is shows Locked and I have been unable to get it unlocked at this point. Can anyone help?

I need more info from you big guy. Did you install a ROM? Doesn't have to be cutom ROM, but maybe a stock deodexed version. If so then just reboot into your bootloader to get to recovery. You know -- holding down the volume rocker on boot. Go into recovery and just reflash the ROM. Probably a good idea to wipe cache and dalvik when you do. You're not borked. Just enjoying the boot animation for a while.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't trolling anything saw this when I searched "evo LTE" and figured I'd put my 2 cents in. Which I'm pretty sure I have the right to do. Thanks though.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I need more info from you big guy. Did you install a ROM? Doesn't have to be cutom ROM, but maybe a stock deodexed version. If so then just reboot into your bootloader to get to recovery. You know -- holding down the volume rocker on boot. Go into recovery and just reflash the ROM. Probably a good idea to wipe cache and dalvik when you do. You're not borked. Just enjoying the boot animation for a while.

If he did a factory reset, wouldn't that put the stock recovery back in place? If so, he would not be able to re-flash the ROM.
But yes, we need more information before he can be helped.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't trolling anything saw this when I searched "evo LTE" and figured I'd put my 2 cents in. Which I'm pretty sure I have the right to do. Thanks though.

Yeah? Look at the first sentence of your first post. I'm sure you thought you were being real helpful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Nope I was simply stating that if he hadn't rooted he probably wouldn't have the problem. Never said I was trying to be helpful.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope I was simply stating that if he hadn't rooted he probably wouldn't have the problem. Never said I was trying to be helpful.

If you don't have anything to say that advances the topic, move on.

argedion

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I also tried to put on custom fonts with font changer. I past the splash but was stuck in the bootanimation I ended up having to do a reflash. No biggie just had to go back and remove the crapware I had already remove. Fortunately titanium helps tremendously in that area

Sent by my EVO LTE Using Tapatalk - argedion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance