Flash help

vdubsterr

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello there. I happened to get a hold of rooted HTC evo 4g lte with s-off. So basically I always make sure to make a nandroid back up before flashing my devices but this time I didn't and the ROM didn't flash. I am using clockworkmod recovery. So basically every time I would flash a ROM some error message would pop up but now the ROM goes through but when I reboot the phone goes into the bootloader and would not load the actual ROM. Is there a step that i'm missing?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Android Central Forums

vdubsterr

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Well the ROM that did go through but didn't boot was freshevo or something like that. I just tried flashing mean ROM and it had status 7 error and that was the error that kept popping up

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well the ROM that did go through but didn't boot was freshevo or something like that. I just tried flashing mean ROM and it had status 7 error and that was the error that kept popping up

Status 7 error means you either have the wrong recovery, or are flashing a rom for a different evo usually. You are using clockworkmod? what version? X.X.X.X Who is your service through?

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello there. I happened to get a hold of rooted HTC evo 4g lte with s-off. So basically I always make sure to make a nandroid back up before flashing my devices but this time I didn't and the ROM didn't flash. I am using clockworkmod recovery. So basically every time I would flash a ROM some error message would pop up but now the ROM goes through but when I reboot the phone goes into the bootloader and would not load the actual ROM. Is there a step that i'm missing?

How did you acquire this S-OFF phone? Did it ship that way? I would be a little nervous flashing stuff if I didn't S-OFF it myself using one of the XDA-approved methods. You might try flashing TWRP recovery instead...I've never had problems flashing ROMs or anything else with it. If it still gives you problems, you may wanna go the RUU route and then feed the panda to get back to S-OFF. Just make sure you use the 1.13 RUU so the exploits will still be present.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Did you do a full wipe first? System, data, cache, dalvik...

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums