TWRP to CWM... back to TWRP?

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Noob question,

I've been using TWRP for recovery, but recently installed ROM Manager, then flashed ClockworkMod Recovery from within the app, to try it out.

Recovery mode now goes straight to CWM Recovery.

I'd like to go back to TWRP for recovery (I guess I'm more comfortable with the interface right now), but can't figure out how to do it.

Is this an involved process, or fairly simple? Thanks!

-Tom

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Noob question,

I've been using TWRP for recovery, but recently installed ROM Manager, then flashed ClockworkMod Recovery from within the app, to try it out.

Recovery mode now goes straight to CWM Recovery.

I'd like to go back to TWRP for recovery (I guess I'm more comfortable with the interface right now), but can't figure out how to do it.

Is this an involved process, or fairly simple? Thanks!

-Tom

Easiest way would be to download goomanager from the market and install TWRP with it. Works just like ROM manager... Hit menu on the main screen and then 'Install OpenRecoveryScript'

Sent from my EVO LTE

Last edited:
Reactions: TomTomHatesCats

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure CWM nands are not compatible with TWRP and vice versa. So make a new backup as soon as you get TWRP.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: TomTomHatesCats
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
That was... so easy. Thanks a lot!

The most notable fail I tried before this involved downloading the Android Terminal Emulator and writing in commands to install the TWRP recovery, which I had to obtain, manually, elsewhere.

crack_ed

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys - I'm did the same thing... perhaps I'm missing something here? I've downloaded GooManager and tried running the "install OpenRecoveryScript" - it just hangs and times out.

I'm sure to be missing something simple - ideas?

thanks!

crack_ed

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
... goomgr is also saying " can't populate a file list' or something like that when browsing all files.? something sounds hosed.

(currently running MeanRom)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze