CM10 on EVO 4G LTE

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Facebook contacts not syncing. Actually they are syncing it's just the pictures that aren't syncing. I know there are apps out there to resolve issues like this but I think this should work without needing another app. Any ideas?

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I really miss the sense camera. Other than that, considering I had rooted and put CM10 on my phone within one hour of getting the new one from sprint, (other one died on the charger :/) I really don't like the stock rom

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, can ANYONE help me out? I have an issue where I lose my 3/4G data when I flash any rom other than a Sense based one. I have to be on "Stock w/Goodies" or something like it to get 3G+. However, I was running CM10 all day yesterday and Mean ROM prior to that, de-sensed and it worked great and got 3/4G, then all of a sudden, I lost it and I flat out can't get it back, it just stays on 1X constantly!

Yesterday CM10 was awesome, with 3G all day, then I hit a spot with 4G and then when it went off, I can't get anything but 1x data, NOTHING else!

What the hell is wrong?

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Facebook contacts not syncing. Actually they are syncing it's just the pictures that aren't syncing. I know there are apps out there to resolve issues like this but I think this should work without needing another app. Any ideas?

Check out http://www.pocketables.com/2012/06/...ntact-pics-on-your-rooted-htc-evo-4g-lte.html. It's a Google/Facebook issue, not something specific to this ROM. There's a link to Photo Unlocker in the article, which is what I use. It works just fine in CM10.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

uknowwhoiam76

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried it and loved it. The deal breaker for me like many others is the camera. That and I am still having issues when I restart my phone. It seems to not want to restart ever. It keeps going into the phone not working and never comes out. I left it for about 30 minutes while I was running around doing stuff and I could not believe it wouldn't start.

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
This is terrific. I thought stock sense was ok for a while.. but a few weeks with a nexus 7 made it feel slow and bloated. now i've got two equals: a nexus 7 and an htc nexus 4.7 =)

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay, can ANYONE help me out? I have an issue where I lose my 3/4G data when I flash any rom other than a Sense based one. I have to be on "Stock w/Goodies" or something like it to get 3G+. However, I was running CM10 all day yesterday and Mean ROM prior to that, de-sensed and it worked great and got 3/4G, then all of a sudden, I lost it and I flat out can't get it back, it just stays on 1X constantly!

Yesterday CM10 was awesome, with 3G all day, then I hit a spot with 4G and then when it went off, I can't get anything but 1x data, NOTHING else!

What the hell is wrong?

Have you update the latest radio FW? When I first flashed MeanROM there is a section in the OP for flashing the radios. Here is a copy paste from the OP...

LATEST FIRMWARE
The 1.22.651.3 update comes with a firmware upgrade that upgrades the radio, PRI, etc. When running MeanROM ICS v1.4 or higher, the new firmware is not required, but it is recommended. Since the ROM will run with or without the firmware, you can install the latest version of MeanROM ICS and then install the firmware, or install the firmware first, then the ROM: order doesn't matter! What does matter is whether you are s-on (HTC unlocked) or s-off (LazyPanda). If you do run into trouble flashing the ROM first, however, try flashing the firmware (or radio) first to see if that solves the issue. So here's what you do:

Option 1 (s-on HTC unlocked): While there are other firmware bits in the latest RUU, people who are s-on can only update the radio at this time. For the 1.22.651.3 RUU, this appears to be OK and taking the radio firmware and not the PRI and other firmware bits seems to have little or no down side. So to update your radio firmware if you are HTC unlocked (s-on), flash this file from recovery. Because you are HTC unlocked (s-on) it is flashed from recovery just as you'd flash a ROM (using "install" from TWRP). You do not load this from the bootloader!

Option 2 (s-off LazyPanda): Because you are s-off, you can flash all firmware bits: radio, PRI, and all. Just take this file, rename it PJ75IMG.zip, and place it on the root of your sdcard2 partition. Then boot to the bootloader (power + voldown) and follow prompts. Don't forget to delete the file after you reboot.

I did option 2 and have not had any issue with signal loss in CM10. Might be worth a shot. Looks like links are missing in the copied content, so if you want the links to the files needed the visit the thread on XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1727167

Also, how are you wiping prior to flashing? I have a Super Wipe zip file that I got from another user on XDA. Let me know if you want to try that. I always use that zip to wipe before I install a ROM. Might also be worth a shot.

Epsom_D2

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have all kinds of problem not with signal loss for the phone, but for 3g and 4g connection. The mobile network state says "Connecting" and it takes forever if it connects at all. I have to restart with wi-fi off in order to get it to reconnect to data services. I just did a dirty install of Deck's 8/29 release over the 8/27 release and the latest radio/firmware update 2.13.651.1 and I still have this problem. I am 1.12 with s-off lazy panda. Any insight would be great as I cannot post in the xda forums yet.

Klotera

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have all kinds of problem not with signal loss for the phone, but for 3g and 4g connection. The mobile network state says "Connecting" and it takes forever if it connects at all. I have to restart with wi-fi off in order to get it to reconnect to data services. I just did a dirty install of Deck's 8/29 release over the 8/27 release and the latest radio/firmware update 2.13.651.1 and I still have this problem. I am 1.12 with s-off lazy panda. Any insight would be great as I cannot post in the xda forums yet.

I had trouble with data connection, also, which has prevented me switching to this as a daily driver. It seems to take forever to connect to a data signal, and in some low signal areas where I'd still get at least some data on a Sense ROM, it will never connect. I was still on the original radio, though, since I'm HBOOT 1.15 and can't flash radios.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else know how to sync contacts from gmail? I am having real trouble...

From the settings menu, scroll down to the section for accounts. If Google is not listed there, then add it. If it's there already then your Google contacts should have synced already.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an extreme necro-bump, and for that I'm sorry, but does lte work in cm10? I've heard both that it does and doesn't, and just want to confirm.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
wheres post two? sorry im having a really hard time flashing this rom
This is the Second post in this thread, which is what I'm assuming you want:
Please do not link directly to the DL. Deck has made clear that he does not want it linked directly or mirrored until he posts it himself. Please edit your post to remove the link.

In the meantime, the only "approved" method of downloading test builds is from the IRC channel here. Latest CM10 build and JB Gapps are linked at the top once you have signed in.

I will echo the OP in that it's well worth flashing, and has been my daily for a while. Deck is in the process of tidying a few things up with the code, and I'm hearing we're going to be moving into official CM10 nightlies within a couple of weeks.

Other relevant threads worth reading:
kushdeck, JB EVOLTE test release...
[6-28-12] ROM-WIP-UNOFFICIAL CM9 for the evoLTE!. Yes, I know it says CM9. That's how it started, but once JB source dropped, deck pretty much abandoned CM9 and went straight to CM10.
S-ON 1.15 HBOOT Dev Unlocked flashing help for kernels, roms and recovery & poll if you rooted after taking the 1.22 OTA or you got a phone with the update already on it.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a lot of awake time after flashing the 12/8 nightly. Any ideas?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355179268455.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355179268455.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 90

kingvargas

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

What the hell is wrong?

so let me get this straight...you get 4g data with CM10 on your EVO LTE? or is it because you live in TX and you guys already have 4G LTE?