Cyanogenmod10 nightlies

Bocephys

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't boot properly until I removed my SD card, no idea what that was about. I'm on nightly 9/20 now and none of the apps display the three dot menu, so I made the multitasking button the menu button and that seems to be working. Is that normal?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't boot properly until I removed my SD card, no idea what that was about. I'm on nightly 9/20 now and none of the apps display the three dot menu, so I made the multitasking button the menu button and that seems to be working. Is that normal?

In the same place you changed the physical button to be the menu button there is an option for action overflow which will bring the 3 dots back.

The way I have my buttons set up I have it where holding the home button will bring up then search assistance. Recent apps with be menu. And holding recent apps will open recent apps.

I still use the 3 dots but some apps don't have it so that's why I have the button set as menu.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had to flash back to sense. The screen issue was bother me like crazy. I couldn't deal with it.

Also I don't know if it was related but early I was making a phone call. Attempted 6 times and the person on the other end couldnt hear anything but static.

And I was having bluetooth issues sporadically.

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Odd, the 9/19 build has been perfect for me. After hearing a few problems, I didn't flash 9/20 last night. I might try 9/21 tonight or this weekend, but everything works fine for me. I don't use bluetooth, though, so can't comment on that. Call quality, though, has been fine..

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I think call volume needs to back down a little. It went from too quiet to over modulated in both the earpiece and speakerphone. Need to split the difference.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think call volume needs to back down a little. It went from too quiet to over modulated in both the earpiece and speakerphone. Need to split the difference.

The volume increase on the entire phone is way too loud. I'm afraid its going to blow out the speaker. It's all staticy its so loud.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The 09-30 build has ota updater added. What is this. Is this a working updater.

Edit: nevermind

Last edited:

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Went to flash this on my phone and it got to the HTC screen and after that it went blank. Any suggestions anyone?? How do you get it to go back to recovery?

Edit: I got it back to recovery and restored the back up. Don't know what I did wrong, I did a factory reset, wiped cache, cache davlik. When I rebooted the system after the HTC boot screen it just went black. Anything that needs to be done different? Or something I left out?

Last edited:

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
You have to flash the boot.img via fastboot command. Once that's done, updates to newer nightlies go as expected. Pretty sure this has to be done for any rom, but not entirely sure about that.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to flash the boot.img via fastboot command. Once that's done, updates to newer nightlies go as expected. Pretty sure this has to be done for any rom, but not entirely sure about that.

I does. Depending on your bootloader version. But by what you said that's exactly what you have to do.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else seeing some weird stuff when multitasking? Like a bunch of screen distortions? I also notice it sometimes in the google search app and facebook apps. Like the app just gets all wonky.

themoreman

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I noticed the same thing. I love CM10 but there were just a few too many things going wrong right now for it to be my everyday phone. My phone was overheatting over this weekend too. You guys doing the nightlys are doing an awesome job though! Thanks!!!

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't happened before but I don't have 3g all of a sudden. I dunno if it's because of the new nightly or the fact that I've been in 3 different cities in the past week.I turned data on and off, nandroid back to a previous working nightly and it's still not working. Any clue?

jaykimdotnet

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay I guess I needed to wait for the obligatory crash restart for the new nightly to settle in. Normally it takes a few minutes, this time it took a few days. Works great now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC