Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread, but Benny, I've read alot of your posts, you seem very knowledgeable, I'm sort of a tech dummy, but love it so much, I've Been reading about the one click root method, seems like i can't f... That one up, and if i do that, are "flashing" roms easy? And will the one click method allow me to do it? Also, "nandroid backup" or titanium backup, are they the same? And is this done after gaining root? One last noob question for you sir, is this as easy as everyone claims, our am i going to be sitting at the computer alot, having to do patches and the like? Thank you in advance for your answers

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread, but Benny, I've read alot of your posts, you seem very knowledgeable, I'm sort of a tech dummy, but love it so much, I've Been reading about the one click root method, seems like i can't f... That one up, and if i do that, are "flashing" roms easy? And will the one click method allow me to do it? Also, "nandroid backup" or titanium backup, are they the same? And is this done after gaining root? One last noob question for you sir, is this as easy as everyone claims, our am i going to be sitting at the computer alot, having to do patches and the like? Thank you in advance for your answers

There are some pretty simple ways to do this. I can help too if you want - PM me.

Also, here's a link to my only working photosphere using the camera I was using before the patched one. I tried 5 times before I got this one and I have tried 2 times since with no success.

PhotoSphere Attempt

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Im not sure what one click method your talking about. You will need to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery such as TWRP . once you have the recovery installed that is how you can flash zip files ...roms, and mods. A nand backup is where you backup your system so you can restore it if any thing go's wrong when flashing a zip.Titanium is mainly to backup your apps so if you flash a different rom you wont need to reinstall all your apps. BTW what hboot version are you on ?

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol, not sure where to even find it!, never mind, I'm a complete idiot, I'll just have to wait for scheduled updates, just tried the 1 click thing (runme.bat) was the file i clicked, in the process i was trying to figure out how to update the drivers to recognize my phone, i got some crazy on my pc now that is some pop up that says something about scan now tocheck viruses! Wife is pissed at me! Lol, I'm a 42 yr old plumber, not a pc whiz! Now I'm screwed

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
You can use 7zip and add the camera.apk and the libs to CM10 zip

Ah! Great. Can I do this on the phone using ZArchiver or a similar program? I'm using the CM Updater in the About Phone tab of settings. It would be nice to have the ability to do it on the fly. Maybe you haven't tried. I just did the update to the most recent, but I've got time tonight, so if you haven't tried, I'll back up and try it on yesterday's nightly.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ah! Great. Can I do this on the phone using ZArchiver or a similar program? I'm using the CM Updater in the About Phone tab of settings. It would be nice to have the ability to do it on the fly. Maybe you haven't tried. I just did the update to the most recent, but I've got time tonight, so if you haven't tried, I'll back up and try it on yesterday's nightly.
What i would do then if your using nightlys is just keep the camera apk and libs on your sdcard and after a update just copy them over the right folders in system and reboot