Updating Radio Problems :(

Elface Falso

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
So, I am new to the smartphone community rooting thing. I am not sure what the name is for the method of root i did, but i do have the link which is the following...
How to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE! [Unlock Bootloader][TWRP Recovery] | HTC Evo 4G Hacks!

I did everything as he said, and its been flawless, I had FreshLTE for a while until CM10 became a bit more stable. I proceeded to flash CM10 and its been a ball except for my signal, its been fuzzy.
I searched a way to upgrade the Radio or "baseband" for that matter and most of the links lead to this one...there is even a youtube video
[FIRMWARE][S-OFF/1.12 HBOOT ONLY] Jewel Firmware Collection - Latest Radio: 1.12.11.0809 - theMikMik

I downloaded and flashed...which brings up the problem it does not flash instead it just says "Failed" :/

I investigated and found out that I need S-off to do all this, and all roads lead to DityRacoon method. Which I follow the instructions, but when the RUU for the current Hboot comes up mine isn't and option. So now I am easily stuck and not sure what to do, or if it is even worth it.

If there is an easy response please let me know, I prefer step by step guide (Bonus if video) just to keep it n00b friendly.

Myphone info from bootloader:
Jewel PVT Ship S-ON RL
Hboot 1.12.0000
Radio 1.02.12.0427

Additional Info : I lost my Rooted Stock Backup File, so i litteraly only have FreshLTE backup and CM10 Backup :(
I also noticed that with my FreshLTE i am able to pick up 4g vs my CM10 which won't, including signal strength

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What you need to do is go HERE and download this RUU ,RUU_JEWEL_CL_ICS_40_Sprint_WWE_1.22.651.3_Radio_1.05.11.0606_NV_SPCS_2.45_003_release_268323_signed.exe it should be the second from the bottom
This is a .exe so plug your phone phone in and double clck the file and it will do the rest
What this will do is upgrade your firmware and the hboot to 1.15 so you can use the dirtyracoon for s-off

baknblack

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Phenomenal, ill get my hands dirty and i will let you know the results.

Actually, when I did my wife's phone I ran the latest ruu so I got her the updated radios and 2.13 all at once. Phone was on the launch day 1.12 bootloader. All I had to do was relock. Didn't remove twrp or superuser. Ruu ran fine.

MeanROM 4G LTE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs