Rooting Post-Jellybean Update
Okay... total newb question here:
I was waiting for the official JB update before making a decision on whether to root/ROM my EVO... now that it's out, I've decided to go CM. However, I'm not sure if the existing tools/methods will work (or if they will, which one(s) is/are best, and I can't find a lot of updated info. My apologies if this has been asked - I've searched, but not found much that's recently-dated.
Any guidance (even a "check this thread, you moron" link) would be much appreciated.
In my defense, I am not new to rooting/flashing Android (and other) devices - just this one.
EDIT: I am currently completely stock - I am not unlocked, S-Off, or anything. Dunno if that helps.
- 12-19-2012, 05:16 PM #2
- 29 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rooting Post-Jellybean Update
I have been rooted for awhile but this may help:
[Resource][Guide][Root][ICS/JB]Unlock-Recovery-SuperSU for Evo 4G LTE - xda-developers
This is also out there:
[ROOT] [works w/3.15.651.16] Manual root until RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter is fixed. - xda-developers
- By kingjavs in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 10Last Post: 01-19-2013, 06:16 PM
- By bigrey81 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 3Last Post: 12-13-2012, 02:18 PM
- By jimailor in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 07-15-2012, 05:19 PM
- By Hitch_Itch in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 11-11-2010, 06:59 PM
- By Kaus in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 07-21-2010, 08:01 PM