Equalizer for JellyBean

Soligna

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a question that probably tons of people have asked, is there any good equalizer for a JellyBean based rom. I use my phone to play pandora and music over bluetooth for my car. I am currently using MeanBean with Beats Audio and want to move to a JellyBean based rom like CM10 or Jellybam but theres no good equalizer that works for third party apps or bluetooth. Are there any options besides DSP manager because that seems to make my audio sound horrible, treble too high and bass too low no matter what I change it to. I have tried the beats audio installer app but that wont work for bluetooth or at all.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a question that probably tons of people have asked, is there any good equalizer for a JellyBean based rom. I use my phone to play pandora and music over bluetooth for my car. I am currently using MeanBean with Beats Audio and want to move to a JellyBean based rom like CM10 or Jellybam but theres no good equalizer that works for third party apps or bluetooth. Are there any options besides DSP manager because that seems to make my audio sound horrible, treble too high and bass too low no matter what I change it to. I have tried the beats audio installer app but that wont work for bluetooth or at all.

The newest version of MeanBean has a lot of options now for EQ's and it does work with blue tooth. Mikey gave us back all the presets we had at launch that HTC took away plus some others. Other than that I would recommend PowerAmp. I got it after trying out several equalizers and the built in one on PowerAmp is by far the best I've heard. Tons of options....also it's integrated with MeanBean so all the other presets Mikey added are available straight from the app.

Soligna

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am already using MeanBean but I want a rom like CM10 or JellyBam theres so few features available on MeanBean so I want something other than basically what I had with Sense. Only problem is finding an EQ that works with Pandora on those roms, PowerAmp is great but I need something that works with third party.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Ah...gotcha. Yeah I myself switched to PowerAmp because every 3rd party global equalizer app I tried broke something else with the phone(stuttering during Navigation, music skipping during navigation, voice call function wouldn't work, voice search crashes, equalizer turning off mid playback). I didn't want to go that route as I like the look of the stock music player. I'm assuming you've already seen or tried this one??? [MOD]Modified DSP Manager with BEATS audio For CM10, AOKP,NEW BEATS ICONS! (9.29.12) - xda-developers

Soligna

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I tried that one still could get no bass and the treble was hitting so high it hurts my ears no matter how I set the EQ

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I am already using MeanBean but I want a rom like CM10 or JellyBam theres so few features available on MeanBean so I want something other than basically what I had with Sense. Only problem is finding an EQ that works with Pandora on those roms, PowerAmp is great but I need something that works with third party.

I am using jellybam and it's a very good rom so you should try it

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Soligna

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am using jellybam and it's a very good rom so you should try it

I have tried it out before I like it I just need an EQ that will work since my phone is my primary source of media for my car

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Same here I use am using jellybam 4.0 stable and I haven't any problems at all with sound fx or ansome beats

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Try the Acid sound mod, with the Nooxzxoide add on only. It is confusing for me, because I don't understand it very well, but it works great in the bass department. If you want some help just get at me on here.

Ps. If you do, do not download and flash the media player. Just a forewarning.