scared please help might have no rom

new_to_the_root

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
So got my evo 4g lte rooted the other day (first time new to the game). cool dude hooked
Me up at a local mcdonalds, whatever. So everything was cool till I tried to install a rom
Now the phone just stays on the htc logo. I can get to the teamwin screen and when I hit install
All thats there is 2 folders with dots next to them and another that says TWRP before I messed
With it there was all kinds of stuff on there. I did have titanium backup and did a system
Back up before I tried to install a rom that I had no idea how to do. Tried to follow a youtube tutorial
I dont think I downloaded the zip file correctly and when I went to install it it wasnt there so I think I
Hit reboot and it wont go past the htc screen when powers up. Tell me I havent totaly screwed up
My phone.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So got my evo 4g lte rooted the other day (first time new to the game). cool dude hooked
Me up at a local mcdonalds, whatever. So everything was cool till I tried to install a rom
Now the phone just stays on the htc logo. I can get to the teamwin screen and when I hit install
All thats there is 2 folders with dots next to them and another that says TWRP before I messed
With it there was all kinds of stuff on there. I did have titanium backup and did a system
Back up before I tried to install a rom that I had no idea how to do. Tried to follow a youtube tutorial
I dont think I downloaded the zip file correctly and when I went to install it it wasnt there so I think I
Hit reboot and it wont go past the htc screen when powers up. Tell me I havent totaly screwed up
My phone.
Your fine... can you find the reboot options. if so reboot to recovery and you said you made a backup did you make one while in recovery?

Any chance you have Gtalk on your pc? it will make this easier

new_to_the_root

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Your fine... can you find the reboot options. if so reboot to recovery and you said you made a backup did you make one while in recovery?

Im not sure if i did it correctly but i did hit backup and it did what its suposse to do, i guess. I just right now in the team win recovery project hit reboot then recovery and the phone powered down then up again to the same team win recovery project. Im such a noob to this more help mr.benny please thank you.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
you should see Restore as one of the options in the menu tap it and it will bring up your backup, it should be a set of numbers like the date unless you named it, tap it

new_to_the_root

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
you should see Restore as one of the options in the menu tap it and it will bring up your backup, it should be a set of numbers like the date unless you named it, tap it

There is no menu tap there are 8 choices install, backup, mount, advanced, wipe, restore
Settings, and reboot when I tap restore it says select package to restore , but nothing
Is there its empty. Thanks for taking the time to help me please stick with me I
Need my phone.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you make a backup while you were in recovery before you flashed the rom? What rom did you flash?

And do you have Gtalk on your pc?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I didnt ask if you used a pc i asked if you have Gtalk on your pc so we can use that instead of posting back and forth
You need to tell me what you did from the start. I can not help you if you dont answer my questions. You said in the first post you installed a rom ...What rom?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781