So got my evo 4g lte rooted the other day (first time new to the game). cool dude hooked
    Me up at a local mcdonalds, whatever. So everything was cool till I tried to install a rom
    Now the phone just stays on the htc logo. I can get to the teamwin screen and when I hit install
    All thats there is 2 folders with dots next to them and another that says TWRP before I messed
    With it there was all kinds of stuff on there. I did have titanium backup and did a system
    Back up before I tried to install a rom that I had no idea how to do. Tried to follow a youtube tutorial
    I dont think I downloaded the zip file correctly and when I went to install it it wasnt there so I think I
    Hit reboot and it wont go past the htc screen when powers up. Tell me I havent totaly screwed up
    My phone.
    02-04-2013 03:22 PM
    So got my evo 4g lte rooted the other day (first time new to the game). cool dude hooked
    Me up at a local mcdonalds, whatever. So everything was cool till I tried to install a rom
    Now the phone just stays on the htc logo. I can get to the teamwin screen and when I hit install
    All thats there is 2 folders with dots next to them and another that says TWRP before I messed
    With it there was all kinds of stuff on there. I did have titanium backup and did a system
    Back up before I tried to install a rom that I had no idea how to do. Tried to follow a youtube tutorial
    I dont think I downloaded the zip file correctly and when I went to install it it wasnt there so I think I
    Hit reboot and it wont go past the htc screen when powers up. Tell me I havent totaly screwed up
    My phone.
    Your fine... can you find the reboot options. if so reboot to recovery and you said you made a backup did you make one while in recovery?

Any chance you have Gtalk on your pc? it will make this easier
    02-04-2013 04:52 PM
    Your fine... can you find the reboot options. if so reboot to recovery and you said you made a backup did you make one while in recovery?
    Im not sure if i did it correctly but i did hit backup and it did what its suposse to do, i guess. I just right now in the team win recovery project hit reboot then recovery and the phone powered down then up again to the same team win recovery project. Im such a noob to this more help mr.benny please thank you.
    02-04-2013 05:01 PM
    you should see Restore as one of the options in the menu tap it and it will bring up your backup, it should be a set of numbers like the date unless you named it, tap it
    02-04-2013 05:16 PM
    you should see Restore as one of the options in the menu tap it and it will bring up your backup, it should be a set of numbers like the date unless you named it, tap it
    There is no menu tap there are 8 choices install, backup, mount, advanced, wipe, restore
    Settings, and reboot when I tap restore it says select package to restore , but nothing
    Is there its empty. Thanks for taking the time to help me please stick with me I
    Need my phone.
    02-04-2013 05:42 PM
    Did you make a backup while you were in recovery before you flashed the rom? What rom did you flash?

And do you have Gtalk on your pc?
    02-04-2013 05:49 PM
    Did you make a backup while you were in recovery before you flashed the rom? What rom did you flash?

And do you have Gtalk on your pc?
    Didnt even use a pc I think I flashed nothing
    02-04-2013 05:58 PM
    I didnt ask if you used a pc i asked if you have Gtalk on your pc so we can use that instead of posting back and forth
    You need to tell me what you did from the start. I can not help you if you dont answer my questions. You said in the first post you installed a rom ...What rom?
    02-04-2013 06:15 PM