Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Default Has anyone tried Chainfire3D and the Nvidia plug in yet?

It drives me crazy how so many of the best games on the market are coded for Tegra devices only, despite other chipsets (S4 and Sammy's Exynos) being just as, if not more, capable. This app, with the tegra 2 plug in, allows tegra-graphics to be enabled on games, even some tegra 3 exclusive titles.

I was wondering if anyone had tried it out with the Evo4G LTE yet. I'm definitely curious about this one, but I'd love to hear if anyone has experienced it working or not working well and what kind of performance they get out of it. I know I've already read about it working on the GS3.

here's the market link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ire.cf3d&hl=en

As well as the main thread on xda
    [Android 2.1+][03.10.2011][v3.2] Chainfire3D [ROOT][OpenGL ES 2.0+] - xda-developers

Aaaaaand here's a thread about it working on the GS3
    Videos of some Tegra 3 Optimized Games on Galaxy S3 using Chainfire 3D - xda-developers

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Default Re: Has anyone tried Chainfire3D and the Nvidia plug in yet?

I never could get it working properly on my Evo 3d. I have yet to try with Evo 4g LTE. But based on past experience, I don't think I would have much luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    It drives me crazy how so many of the best games on the market are coded for Tegra devices only, despite other chipsets (S4 and Sammy's Exynos) being just as, if not more, capable. This app, with the tegra 2 plug in, allows tegra-graphics to be enabled on games, even some tegra 3 exclusive titles.

I was wondering if anyone had tried it out with the Evo4G LTE yet. I'm definitely curious about this one, but I'd love to hear if anyone has experienced it working or not working well and what kind of performance they get out of it. I know I've already read about it working on the GS3.

here's the market link
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ire.cf3d&hl=en

As well as the main thread on xda
    [Android 2.1+][03.10.2011][v3.2] Chainfire3D [ROOT][OpenGL ES 2.0+] - xda-developers

Aaaaaand here's a thread about it working on the GS3
    Videos of some Tegra 3 Optimized Games on Galaxy S3 using Chainfire 3D - xda-developers

It's news to me, but I will be your Huckleberry. Have you tried it since your post?

No worky. Breaks it even.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Tried it too, had to boot to recovery and reflash rom (no factory reset needed). Was looking forward to some tegra titles...