Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default EVO lte stuck on spash screen

    I have a rooted EVO Lte and was changing the fonts with font installer. The application rebooted the system and now it is stuck on the splash screen. I went to recovery mode and did a Factory Reset. At the top is shows Locked and I have been unable to get it unlocked at this point. Can anyone help?
  2. #2  

    Default

    Not to sound like a smart a** but not rooting it may have prevented that.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuffs50 View Post
    Not to sound like a smart a** but not rooting it may have prevented that.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Very helpful. That's like telling someone that got in an accident that not driving may have prevented that. :rolleyes:

    OP: doing a factory reset puts your phone in the state it was out of the box, which means unrooted and locked.
    Are you still stuck on the splash or can you boot into Sense? If you can boot back into Sense, you're going to have to start all over with rooting and unlocking.

    For future reference: always always ALWAYS make a full backup from recovery before making an sort of mods to a rooted phone. That way if you bork something, all you have to do is reboot to recovery and restore your backup.


    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: EVO lte stuck on spash screen

    Quote Originally Posted by cmn800 View Post
    I have a rooted EVO Lte and was changing the fonts with font installer. The application rebooted the system and now it is stuck on the splash screen. I went to recovery mode and did a Factory Reset. At the top is shows Locked and I have been unable to get it unlocked at this point. Can anyone help?
    I need more info from you big guy. Did you install a ROM? Doesn't have to be cutom ROM, but maybe a stock deodexed version. If so then just reboot into your bootloader to get to recovery. You know -- holding down the volume rocker on boot. Go into recovery and just reflash the ROM. Probably a good idea to wipe cache and dalvik when you do. You're not borked. Just enjoying the boot animation for a while.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: EVO lte stuck on spash screen

    Quote Originally Posted by cuffs50 View Post
    Not to sound like a smart a** but not rooting it may have prevented that.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Stop trolling the Rooting section of the forum.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Wasn't trolling anything saw this when I searched "evo LTE" and figured I'd put my 2 cents in. Which I'm pretty sure I have the right to do. Thanks though.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UTnick View Post
    I need more info from you big guy. Did you install a ROM? Doesn't have to be cutom ROM, but maybe a stock deodexed version. If so then just reboot into your bootloader to get to recovery. You know -- holding down the volume rocker on boot. Go into recovery and just reflash the ROM. Probably a good idea to wipe cache and dalvik when you do. You're not borked. Just enjoying the boot animation for a while.
    If he did a factory reset, wouldn't that put the stock recovery back in place? If so, he would not be able to re-flash the ROM.
    But yes, we need more information before he can be helped.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  
    Uncle Louie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,023 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuffs50 View Post
    Wasn't trolling anything saw this when I searched "evo LTE" and figured I'd put my 2 cents in. Which I'm pretty sure I have the right to do. Thanks though.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Yeah? Look at the first sentence of your first post. I'm sure you thought you were being real helpful.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default

    Nope I was simply stating that if he hadn't rooted he probably wouldn't have the problem. Never said I was trying to be helpful.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuffs50 View Post
    Nope I was simply stating that if he hadn't rooted he probably wouldn't have the problem. Never said I was trying to be helpful.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    If you don't have anything to say that advances the topic, move on.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default

    I made my comment and moved on you changed the topic to my comment.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default

    I also tried to put on custom fonts with font changer. I past the splash but was stuck in the bootanimation I ended up having to do a reflash. No biggie just had to go back and remove the crapware I had already remove. Fortunately titanium helps tremendously in that area

    Sent by my EVO LTE Using Tapatalk - argedion

Posting Permissions

B