a question from a noobie

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'm not real familiar with the ROMs on the HTC EVO 4G LTE but the only way you would get rid of Sense UI is with an AOSP based ROM like Cyanogen Mod ROM. Basically meaning that you would have clean Android ICS 4.x before the OEM UI/skin was added, in this case Sense. I cannot confirm if Cyanogen Mod team is supporting this device right now, but if they aren't I'm sure it will be at some point.

Otherwise all ROMs will still have Sense built into the code. You can always swap out a different launcher which doesn't require root to do, but that only changes the launcher.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
There is a work-in-progress CM9 port for the EVO. There are a couple of lingering issues with it that are keeping me from running it as my daily. Here's the link over on XDA if you want to check it out. I've flashed it and it runs beautifully; I just need something "fully functional."
Alternatively, you could use Nova or Apex launcher. But that doesn't completely get rid of Sense, and it doesn't completely fix multi-tasking (although it does help a little).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87