Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Okay thanks now all i need to do is to find the rom that i like

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Evo 4G LTE 1.22.651.3 Root (EASY)

I think it's a bit generous to say that this method is "easy." A method (as yet to be found) that can do an in-place root would earn the classification of "easy," provided it's more or less menu driven.

This method causes the loss of all data (which, when restored, isn't always successful), requires unlocking the boot loader, and then uses a set of tools that were meant for an older ROM version. Although it appears to work, it's not "easy."

Joel
    Thanked by:
    BrickThrower and shivaji like this.

Yea I found out but I got root and mean rom

Okay much better but tomorrow I am going to get s off then mean rom 2.7 but I love it so far

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ace Rom 1.7 / ACS 1.2

How do you figure? I have rooted a lot of tings and this was simple as hell I have done a bunch of command line rooting in the past and that's hard well not hard but normal people can't do that....

This just takes reading and following instructions if people can't do that then they should not be rooting there phones (no pun intended) it's just how I feel...

Far as loss of data its part of the rooting game every device I have ever rooted other then Samsung has required a hard wipe of the device when the boot loader is unlocked its the only way to get custom recovery on HTC Motorola and a few other brands even somE Samsung are that way....

I'm just trying to help people out with there roots this method works and is solid its been done over 20 times by me and thousands of others with the evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by JBHorner View Post
    I think it's a bit generous to say that this method is "easy." A method (as yet to be found) that can do an in-place root would earn the classification of "easy," provided it's more or less menu driven.
    Pi
    This method causes the loss of all data (which, when restored, isn't always successful), requires unlocking the boot loader, and then uses a set of tools that were meant for an older ROM version. Although it appears to work, it's not "easy."

Joel
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ace Rom 1.7 / ACS 1.2

If any one is having probs its something to do with the PC and not the root method

Well for me it was because I wasn't thinking and so I updated via sprint update and I pretty much had to force it to go back so I could get root so now I am just holding off intil a friend of mine who has rooted a lot in the past

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Talking Re: Evo 4G LTE 1.22.651.3 Root (EASY)

Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Yes just follow the procedure in the OP and you should be fine I have the same software as you
    Say gitit,,,,may want to add to the OP that antivirus and firewall software will block the install process.....that was the only thing i had to figure out when I was trying to install,,,,just a suggestion.....;-)

Otherwise this is a great method for those of us that either took the update or purchased late and got stuck with the update on the phone.
    Last edited by vel7wil; 08-06-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Roms: Lab Rats LK8
    Version:4.1.2
    Hardware: L900.09
    Baseband: L900VPALK8
    PRI: ?
    PRL: 55010
    Kernel: 3.0.31-626403scinfra@SEP-83#1
    Themes: Million Shades of Gray
    Launcher: TW Launcher
    Recovery: TWRP
    Retired: Samsung Instinct,Palm Pre,HTC Evo 4g,htc Evo 4G LTE

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ace Rom 1.7 / ACS 1.2

Done

Quote Originally Posted by vel7wil View Post
    Say gitit,,,,may want to add to the OP that antivirus and firewall software will block the install process.....that was the only thing i had to figure out when I was trying to install,,,,just a suggestion.....;-)

Otherwise this is a great method for those of us that either took the update or purchased late and got stuck with the update on the phone.
    Thanked by:

Thank You! This really helped me out!

does this make your phone s-off?

I'm looking through Regaws code to see if I can piece together another program for the newer version (with credit of course). Thing is I'm new to rooting. Will keep you guys updated if I manage something.

evsher likes this.

ROM
    Viper4G

Quote Originally Posted by evsher View Post
    does this make your phone s-off?
    No S-OFF exploit for 1.22 yet.

Sent from my EVO LTE
    Thanked by:
    evsher 

do you know if gamecih needs s-off? thats pretty much why I want to root my phone, so I don't want it to go to waste.

ROM
    Viper4G

Quote Originally Posted by evsher View Post
    do you know if gamecih needs s-off? thats pretty much why I want to root my phone, so I don't want it to go to waste.
    That would depend on which partition it lives on. I've never used it but I would imagine it's probably the data partition since it's an installable apk and interacts with games that are installed there as well...so in that case, no you shouldn't need S-OFF, just root access. :thumbup:

Sent from my EVO LTE
    Last edited by PreMo15; 08-09-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Thanked by:
    evsher 

I did it! Yay, thanks everybody (:

I can not find the file CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip .

I have the exact same config and mine rooted just fine.

Never mind. I found it. Disabled firewall and antivirus. I am having problems tethering though. My phone and laptop won't find eachother.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

I'm running windows 8. This is a brand new PC that I built and I installed Win8 because the release candidate is free and therefore I wouldn't have to buy another copy of windows 7. However, the HTC drivers do not work on windows 8 (it says drivers are not compatible with this operating system). Is there any way I could do this method on linux or something if I made a linux partition?

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions on this!

I could really use some help!!!! I'm new to rooting. I had my evo 4g lte rooted when it was the 1.13.. for some dumb reason i updated to the new 1.22.651.3 710rd.. and i can not get it to root . i've seen some people say u need s-off and if im reading it write some people say it doesnt matter. well with the program im trying to use now it unlock the bootloader does everthing and fails the root at the end...(RegawMOD).. I unzip the file and I can't find the file i need to put into my sd. and how do i put that onto my sd ? when my phone is conected its a diskdrive only... idk HELP!!!!!!! lol THANKS!
    Last edited by fngtruck; 08-23-2012 at 11:07 AM.

i figured it out ...each time i would extract the zip file it would show the file i needed but i found it . and i figured out how to send stuff to my phone . thanks anyways

what's wrong with just doing the way they do it on htcevohacks.com?

(not snarky - i would really like to know)

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by fngtruck View Post
    I could really use some help!!!! I'm new to rooting. I had my evo 4g lte rooted when it was the 1.13.. for some dumb reason i updated to the new 1.22.651.3 710rd.. and i can not get it to root . i've seen some people say u need s-off and if im reading it write some people say it doesnt matter. well with the program im trying to use now it unlock the bootloader does everthing and fails the root at the end...(RegawMOD).. I unzip the file and I can't find the file i need to put into my sd. and how do i put that onto my sd ? when my phone is conected its a diskdrive only... idk HELP!!!!!!! lol THANKS!
    Google search it. It's actually pretty easy. Someone posted the files needed for installation on a 64 bit machine. if you can't figure it out, PM me.

This method absolutely blows. Lost all my data and never got into recovery. This guy needs to find something better to do than to bring bogus rooting methods to a public forum. My two cents. Spare yourself and move on.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast