Evo 4G LTE 1.22.651.3 Root (EASY)

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
For all of you who are wanting to root the Evo 4G LTE with the new update 1.22.651.3 There is an easy method I have tested it with my phone and have done it on 5 of my friends phones here are the steps you need to do.

First off I did not make any of these rooting tools regaw_leinad did credit credit goes to him :)

Requirements
Windows Computer
HTC Drivers installed
.NET 4.0 installed
Active Internet Connection (for communication with HTCdev.com)

First you need to download these files first one is RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter for either 32bit or 64bit windows also you need to download the drivers for your phone.

Link here [ROOT] RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter | Updated 06.13.12 - xda-developers Read there instructions there to use this... NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader erases ALL user data on the phone! Be sure to back up!

2nd file Evo4GLTERoot2.zip can be found here Download HTCEvo4GLTE/rooting at DownloadAndroidROM.com

First step BACK UP RegawMOD will unlock the boot loader and resets your phone

Make sure you on the 1.22.651.3 if not update to it...

Install the Drivers and Net 4.0 if you don't have it

Then run the RegawMOD file follow instructions on screen It will unlock the boot loader reset the phone and install the custom recovery It will fail when it tries to do the root. this was made for the older software version this is ok ignore the failure... It will still unlock the boot loader and install the custom recovery.

Now you need to unzip the Evo4GLTERoot2.zip file inside this file you will find one called CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip move this file to the root of your SD card (internal)

Go in to recovery browse to the file and install it then reboot your now rooted

If you having a prob you may need to change your firewall settings and or disable your anti virus program confirmed works fine with avast

ENJOY

Last edited:

dewey brunner

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Just rooted and unlocked from HTCEvo hacks, however never put CWM-SuperSu-V.087.zip in sd card as in your instructions, just opened phone and dragged to phone contents. Now I have S-on, unlocked, rooted but no CWM-SuperSu. Therefore root not complete.
Any directions for a way to complete or start over. Thanks:

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The Internal storage is refereed to as internal SD card so if you ran the rooting file RegawMOD then you boot loader should be unlocked and you should have custom recovery Use the custom recovery to flash the CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip or CWM if thats what you have and that should give you root I am not sure if you can rerun the root over the top of any other rooting utility's you can try it but it may brick your phone

Just rooted and unlocked from HTCEvo hacks, however never put CWM-SuperSu-V.087.zip in sd card as in your instructions, just opened phone and dragged to phone contents. Now I have S-on, unlocked, rooted but no CWM-SuperSu. Therefore root not complete.
Any directions for a way to complete or start over. Thanks:

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Wait, I was under the impression that you could do this method but be able to backup your current configuration without losing data/settings.

After reading this, it seems that regardless you'll lose everything because you have to do a full wipe in order for the process to work?

Please correct me if I'm mistaken. If that is the case, there is essentially no way to root currently that will allow you to nand-back up your current stock ROM so you could easily go back to it?

BTW thank you for posting this, greatly appreciated.

dewey brunner

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Just wiped out root cleared cache's. Never able to get SuperS, only thing left for complete
Root. Lost all however thanks to g mail account, got most back.

Did, however, unlock bootloader. Now have s-on, unlocked. Still has "tampered", however , no problem unleaded return to Sprint. This shows them it had been rooted.
Really want stock root so i can get wifi tether for root users.
Any one have simple stock root, let me know. Thanks

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Not that i'm aware of when you unlock the boot loader it wipes the phone and you have to have the boot loader unlocked to root...

Wait, I was under the impression that you could do this method but be able to backup your current configuration without losing data/settings.

After reading this, it seems that regardless you'll lose everything because you have to do a full wipe in order for the process to work?

Please correct me if I'm mistaken. If that is the case, there is essentially no way to root currently that will allow you to nand-back up your current stock ROM so you could easily go back to it?

BTW thank you for posting this, greatly appreciated.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to root without unlocking the bootloader as of right now? I'd like to be able to use titanium to backup my phone before wiping it.

Reactions: Darmetheon

cherylbaker

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I thought I saw a post where there were two parts. You did part one than backup than part two.. I did a quick look and do not see it now but than I thought it was in this thread but that is not the case.will let you know if I see it again

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Running into a problem when running the regawmod with the htc token not being accepted...do i need to unlock thru htc first ?

Disregard...found the problem...had to turn off firewall and fix certificates....done and rooted....thanks (was getting the not rooted DT's)

Last edited:

sammo1

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have completed all steps up to installing su zip. in recovery, advanced, file manager, located fie. now copy, move,chmod756,chmod0000. where do i install it to?

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
"Now you need to unzip the Evo4GLTERoot2.zip file inside this file you will find one called CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip move this file to the root of your SD card (internal)"

Reboot to recovery and flash the zip.

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
"Now you need to unzip the Evo4GLTERoot2.zip file inside this file you will find one called CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip move this file to the root of your SD card (internal)"

Reboot to recovery and flash the zip.

Thanks for helping while i was gone glad you guys got it working ok

Reactions: vel7wil