Evo 4G LTE 1.22.651.3 Root (EASY)

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
This is supposed to work for 1.22.651.3 but OBVIOUSLY NOT!!! Haven't seen many success stories and I am currently sitting here with a unlocked bootloader and no root access!!!! What is taking so long for a root method that will work???

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Not correct it works your not doing something right (No pun) or something on your PC is blocking the procedure try hard resetting your phone and disable any anti virus programs you have running...

If you unlocked and have custom recover flash the SU zip file using it

This is supposed to work for 1.22.651.3 but OBVIOUSLY NOT!!! Haven't seen many success stories and I am currently sitting here with a unlocked bootloader and no root access!!!! What is taking so long for a root method that will work???

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks now all i need to do is to find the rom that i like

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

JBHorner#CB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a bit generous to say that this method is "easy." A method (as yet to be found) that can do an in-place root would earn the classification of "easy," provided it's more or less menu driven.

This method causes the loss of all data (which, when restored, isn't always successful), requires unlocking the boot loader, and then uses a set of tools that were meant for an older ROM version. Although it appears to work, it's not "easy."

Joel

Reactions: BrickThrower

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay much better but tomorrow I am going to get s off then mean rom 2.7 but I love it so far

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
How do you figure? I have rooted a lot of tings and this was simple as hell I have done a bunch of command line rooting in the past and that's hard well not hard but normal people can't do that....

This just takes reading and following instructions if people can't do that then they should not be rooting there phones (no pun intended) it's just how I feel...

Far as loss of data its part of the rooting game every device I have ever rooted other then Samsung has required a hard wipe of the device when the boot loader is unlocked its the only way to get custom recovery on HTC Motorola and a few other brands even somE Samsung are that way....

I'm just trying to help people out with there roots this method works and is solid its been done over 20 times by me and thousands of others with the evo 4g lte

I think it's a bit generous to say that this method is "easy." A method (as yet to be found) that can do an in-place root would earn the classification of "easy," provided it's more or less menu driven.
Pi
This method causes the loss of all data (which, when restored, isn't always successful), requires unlocking the boot loader, and then uses a set of tools that were meant for an older ROM version. Although it appears to work, it's not "easy."

Joel

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well for me it was because I wasn't thinking and so I updated via sprint update and I pretty much had to force it to go back so I could get root so now I am just holding off intil a friend of mine who has rooted a lot in the past

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes just follow the procedure in the OP and you should be fine I have the same software as you :)

Say gitit,,,,may want to add to the OP that antivirus and firewall software will block the install process.....that was the only thing i had to figure out when I was trying to install,,,,just a suggestion.....;-)

Otherwise this is a great method for those of us that either took the update or purchased late and got stuck with the update on the phone.

Last edited:

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Done

Say gitit,,,,may want to add to the OP that antivirus and firewall software will block the install process.....that was the only thing i had to figure out when I was trying to install,,,,just a suggestion.....;-)

Otherwise this is a great method for those of us that either took the update or purchased late and got stuck with the update on the phone.

Reactions: vel7wil

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking through Regaws code to see if I can piece together another program for the newer version (with credit of course). Thing is I'm new to rooting. Will keep you guys updated if I manage something.

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
do you know if gamecih needs s-off? thats pretty much why I want to root my phone, so I don't want it to go to waste.

That would depend on which partition it lives on. I've never used it but I would imagine it's probably the data partition since it's an installable apk and interacts with games that are installed there as well...so in that case, no you shouldn't need S-OFF, just root access. :thumbup:

Sent from my EVO LTE

Last edited:
Reactions: evsher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt