I rooted my evo lte and....

miicho85

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving it performance, battery life , features and i still have sense so far i have tried freshevo rom and mean rom are any of you non rooted guys thinking about rooting?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I won't root. . For me there's has to be a need and I have no need. 15 hours of battery life is good enough for me. I really don't think rooting is going to make that even better and even if it did, again I have no need for it.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Me either I would only do it for customization and free hotspot tether but you can change the skin and we have live wallpaper that good enough to me

flyhighx

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Reasons why I've rooted:

-Ad Block. No ads in browser or apps.
-Free Wifi tethering
-Mod to turn off camera shutter sound
-Mod to get rid of big ugly 3 dot menu bar in all non ICS coded apps and reclaim the full size of this beautiful screen. Remap Menu button to recent apps and long press home for recent apps
-Mod to use NFC tags from lockscreen. No need to turn on phone, unlock and then have use of NFC
-Remove pre installed bloatware apps that I'll never use.
-Nandroid backups/Titanium backup. If my phone is ever lost or breaks, I can instantly recover using a backup and the replacement phone will instantly be exactly how my old phone was
-Custom ROMs. I've always been a fan of stock ROMs on previous phones so this was never a huge one to me before. With the HUGE failure of multitasking on this phone, I've never been more eager to get rid of Sense. Getting CM9 or CM10 will be like getting a brand new model phone.

These might not be for everyone, but that's what is so appealing about Android. Everyone can customize their experience as they see fit, or simply choose not to do anything different.

miicho85

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
It's almost there ;) I'm running a test build right now. So smooth and light, and real multitasking is a breath of fresh air :). It's a little flaky around the edges though, not quite ready to be a daily for most folks.

I can't wait for a fully functional jelly bean rom

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I won't root. . For me there's has to be a need and I have no need. 15 hours of battery life is good enough for me. I really don't think rooting is going to make that even better and even if it did, again I have no need for it.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

That's fine if..... If your satisfied with
phone that is (Imo) not even using half the potential
of what your phone can do.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That's fine if..... If your satisfied with
phone that is (Imo) not even using half the potential
of what your phone can do.

Just curious, what can you do with your phone that I cannot do. Something useful please,, I don't want to change my launcher or get rid of sense or some nonsense like that. Give me something I am missing out on like you can start your car with your phone or flush your toilet or whatever. Half is a lot,, only half of what this phone can do. Tell me the half I'm missing.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

miicho85

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Which ROM do you like better?
Both of them are awesome but what i was really looking for was a sense-less rom i'm on cleanrom DE right now and i think im gonna settle on this one for a while

Just curious, what can you do with your phone that I cannot do. Something useful please,, I don't want to change my launcher or get rid of sense or some nonsense like that. Give me something I am missing out on like you can start your car with your phone or flush your toilet or whatever. Half is a lot,, only half of what this phone can do. Tell me the half I'm missing.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
Overclock your processor for better performance, get rid of the bloatware, Wifi tether

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just as I thought, for me,, proformence is great, it's only bloatware if you don't use it. I was told I'm not even using half of what this can do,, that's all you got? I rest my case. Remember my original post said "for ME". Did not say anything about what anyone else should or should not do. Over clock? Really? I think for "me" pressing something and seeing it instantly open is plenty fast enough.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Just as I thought, for me,, proformence is great, it's only bloatware if you don't use it. I was told I'm not even using half of what this can do,, that's all you got? I rest my case. Remember my original post said "for ME". Did not say anything about what anyone else should or should not do. Over clock? Really? I think for "me" pressing something and seeing it instantly open is plenty fast enough.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

I agreed with you. I mean if it already fast why root ? ain't like you can get 24 hours with heavy use or change the fonts color of everything.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza