CM10 on EVO 4G LTE

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I just put CM10 (You can get it by going to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1851912) on my LTE and I am loving it. Zero lag, real multitasking, (I can exit a game, go surf the web, and come back to my game where I left off without any reloading) and just plain awesome. The only thing I don't like is the camera, and that every time you start the phone it tells you com.android.phone has stopped responding. If you want to learn more or need help, just talk to the somewhat friendly people on freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) at #htc-evo-4g-lte

Seriously, flashing is worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbp08tls

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Please do not link directly to the DL. Deck has made clear that he does not want it linked directly or mirrored until he posts it himself. Please edit your post to remove the link.

In the meantime, the only "approved" method of downloading test builds is from the IRC channel here. Latest CM10 build and JB Gapps are linked at the top once you have signed in.

I will echo the OP in that it's well worth flashing, and has been my daily for a while. Deck is in the process of tidying a few things up with the code, and I'm hearing we're going to be moving into official CM10 nightlies within a couple of weeks.

Other relevant threads worth reading:
kushdeck, JB EVOLTE test release...
[6-28-12] ROM-WIP-UNOFFICIAL CM9 for the evoLTE!. Yes, I know it says CM9. That's how it started, but once JB source dropped, deck pretty much abandoned CM9 and went straight to CM10.
S-ON 1.15 HBOOT Dev Unlocked flashing help for kernels, roms and recovery & poll if you rooted after taking the 1.22 OTA or you got a phone with the update already on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PreMo15

ladicx

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the link. I understand devs want a more polished Rom before release. Just wanted a taste lol. Will post experience, bugs in the proper channels tho to contribute to what I'm sure will be an awesome Rom now and in the future. Thanks again op

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been running it for a few days and it is pretty awesome. Lag is almost completely gone.

I took hope the camera could be ported over though. That's the only thing I really miss from Sense.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ecoleye

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Deck supporter on the OG Evo...

I keep flashing only to revert back to MeanRom - running Nova Launcher with Sense frozen in TiBU, overclocked at 1.7, MR is every bit as light as CM10. Mikey has significantly improved multi-tasking as well, so there's really no reason for me to consider switching until CM10 is 100% stable. CM10 camera and in-call black screen/prox sensor issues are a deal-breaker for me.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Deck supporter on the OG Evo...

I keep flashing only to revert back to MeanRom - running Nova Launcher with Sense frozen in TiBU, overclocked at 1.7, MR is every bit as light as CM10. Mikey has significantly improved multi-tasking as well, so there's really no reason for me to consider switching until CM10 is 100% stable. CM10 camera and in-call black screen/prox sensor issues are a deal-breaker for me.

Hmmm, I've been running MeanRom since 2.9 and multitasking has never improved for me. I just flashed 3.1 today and still get the refreshing business when switching between apps! I hate HTC for ruining this phone!! AOSP/AOKP is the only real solution to this problem, but not having the awesome camera and flaky behavior when calling is a no go for me as well. I will have to put up with broken multitasking a little longer, until Deck can get CM10 fully functional. If anyone can do it, Deck can. He's an amazing developer and his stuff is top notch! I've been running Deck ROMs since my EVO 4G days! Best AOSP ROMs eva!

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I've been running MeanRom since 2.9 and multitasking has never improved for me. I just flashed 3.1 today and still get the refreshing business when switching between apps! I hate HTC for ruining this phone!! AOSP/AOKP is the only real solution to this problem, but not having the awesome camera and flaky behavior when calling is a no go for me as well. I will have to put up with broken multitasking a little longer, until Deck can get CM10 fully functional. If anyone can do it, Deck can. He's an amazing developer and his stuff is top notch! I've been running Deck ROMs since my EVO 4G days! Best AOSP ROMs eva!

Camera: Same hardware, but bone stock JB software. It's functional, but doesn't have all the Sense options. This is the ONLY advantage Sense has right now.

Calls: Not sure what flakiness you're talking about. There is a very small subset of folks (I'm one) that have issues with the prox sensor in low or fluorescent lighting. Which means the screen will be blank and unresponsive when you take the phone away from your ear, which can be a pain if you need the touch screen to navigate in-call menus or hang up. Details and workarounds in this thread.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Camera: Same hardware, but bone stock JB software. It's functional, but doesn't have all the Sense options. This is the ONLY advantage Sense has right now.

Calls: Not sure what flakiness you're talking about. There is a very small subset of folks (I'm one) that have issues with the prox sensor in low or fluorescent lighting. Which means the screen will be blank and unresponsive when you take the phone away from your ear, which can be a pain if you need the touch screen to navigate in-call menus or hang up. Details and workarounds in this thread.

Yeah, I pulled the rigger on CM10 and LOVE IT! SOOOOOOO glad to be rid of Sense! Camera needs some work. It functions but when you try to video record it hangs an wont recover without rebooting the phone. I haven't had a single call issue with the ROM, but was just reporting what I had read in a few other threads. I'm so glad I made the jump. The stock launcher is lacking but Nova Launcher rocks! I can't seem to get the alarm clock to play the sound file I select, which sucks but isn't a deal breaker. Hope they fix it though. If anyone is on the fence about flashing this ROM, just do it! You won't be sorry!

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I pulled the rigger on CM10 and LOVE IT! SOOOOOOO glad to be rid of Sense! Camera needs some work. It functions but when you try to video record it hangs an wont recover without rebooting the phone. I haven't had a single call issue with the ROM, but was just reporting what I had read in a few other threads. I'm so glad I made the jump. The stock launcher is lacking but Nova Launcher rocks! I can't seem to get the alarm clock to play the sound file I select, which sucks but isn't a deal breaker. Hope they fix it though. If anyone is on the fence about flashing this ROM, just do it! You won't be sorry!

Welcome to the party! :D

I've recorded a few videos without it hanging. Maybe you need a couple of reboots and a day or two to let things settle in. Or you could try wiping cache and Dalvik, and reflash the ROM. You won't lose all of your settings that way.

On the alarm, I think you have to select a new ringtone whenever you set a new alarm (i.e. you set one for a new time instead of checking the box for a pre-existing one), otherwise you get the default.

Agree on the launcher. I think it's bland and minimal on purpose, because they know most people are going to replace it anyway. I use Nova myself.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the party! :D

I've recorded a few videos without it hanging. Maybe you need a couple of reboots and a day or two to let things settle in. Or you could try wiping cache and Dalvik, and reflash the ROM. You won't lose all of your settings that way.

On the alarm, I think you have to select a new ringtone whenever you set a new alarm (i.e. you set one for a new time instead of checking the box for a pre-existing one), otherwise you get the default.

Agree on the launcher. I think it's bland and minimal on purpose, because they know most people are going to replace it anyway. I use Nova myself.

Thanks man. I am love'n me some AOSP! I don't use the camera all that often so it's not that big of a deal. I miss the rapid shot more than anything, but knowing Deck he'll figure out a way to get it all working. I was talking with some of the folks in the forum today and they said that the alarm sound issue is due to the audio file being on my SD card and that it's a known issue with JB. I will have to copy the sound file into the system/media directory to get it to work. Pretty easy fix. I also got in communication with one of the developers working with Tmartin on another AOSP ROM. I loaded it up and it boot looped on me so they are working on a fix. Might try another build for them tonight to see if I can get it to boot. All I can say is that I am in AOSP heaven at this point. I haven't truely loved this phone until CM10 came along. This really solidifies my resolve to never own any other phone other than a Nexus. I hope Google puts out a phone lineup to go along with the new tablet lineup. I'll never buy another phone with a manufacturer UI.

Last edited:

Epsom_D2

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Installed last night and I have to say I'm impressed with JB and all the hard work by Deck. The rom is super smooth and I haven't found any area where it lacks or hangs, camera being the single exception, and even that is still usable. The whole phone experience is much more enjoyable now than it was with the stock rom or some of the others out there. Thanks a bunch Devs.

I have stayed away from Nexus hardware to-date as it has been too cheap feeling plus you had to deal with Samsung radios, exception being the Nexus One. Plus I was not a fan of the UI prior to ICS so the Sense skinning was my preference. The latest changes by the Google team combined with the additions of the CM team really make the solid HTC hardware shine. As long as there are good devs out there then we can have the hardware and software we want, thanks again Deck. Now I need to go donate.

Epsom_D2

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that the MMS function is not working correctly as well as the ability to install apps from the Amazon App Store. These are not deal breakers, but feedback I have to give to the devs.

Reactions: oehrensperger

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been running cm10 for about a week without a single problem. For me this is pretty stable.

Just wanted to report for those on the fence. Not saying it doesn't have problems but if it does I haven't seen them.

The only issue I'm having is my Google photos aren't showing up in gallery.

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that the MMS function is not working correctly as well as the ability to install apps from the Amazon App Store. These are not deal breakers, but feedback I have to give to the devs.

Good to know. I got SwiftKey from Amazon and would rather wait until that's fixed before I take the plunge into CM10. Thanks for the heads up.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
MMS was fixed a few builds ago, and it's worked for me and others no problem send and receive.
I haven't tried installing anything new from the Amazon app store, but I haven't had any problems restoring apps I got from there that I backed up with titanium backup. Make sure you have Unknown sources checked under settings - security.

KHZJ97

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Deck posted it over in XDA tonight. Not sure if I can post the link or not, but you can check it out over there in the Original Development section.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan