Cyanogenmod10 nightlies

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I assume you're talking about the multitasking button? That has been remapped to a long press of the home button. The recent apps button has been mapped to the menu operation for a while now. Hope that helps :)

Soligna

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I assume you're talking about the multitasking button? That has been remapped to a long press of the home button. The recent apps button has been mapped to the menu operation for a while now. Hope that helps :)

I am talking about the recent apps button that is currently mapped to menu, when I flashed from 08 to 10 the "menu" button stopped working completely, when I flashed back from 10 to 08 it started working again.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am talking about the recent apps button that is currently mapped to menu, when I flashed from 08 to 10 the "menu" button stopped working completely, when I flashed back from 10 to 08 it started working again.

Gotcha! I am still on 07 which seems to be rock solid for me! I'll be flashing to the next nightly when it's ready as the changelog indicates a bump up for speakerphone volume. It's very low right now and I would like to have that working at a normal level.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I have noticed this too. I went back to 08 because of it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It looks like they pulled the speakerphone volume fix from the 9/12 drop! BOOO! Oh well, it looks like there are lots of fixes in there though. I'll be flashing tonight for sure to give it a spin!

kooja_IIT

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 09/13, everything is working great, except for wallet :(
very happy to have aosp again, htc's multitasking switching was horrible, took too long to use
miss the htc camera app, but I don't use it all that much anyway

has anybody tried the 09/14 build yet??

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 09/13, everything is working great, except for wallet :(
very happy to have aosp again, htc's multitasking switching was horrible, took too long to use
miss the htc camera app, but I don't use it all that much anyway

has anybody tried the 09/14 build yet??

I need the camera app. Or something as good. It's killing me that I can't run thus Rom without it because I love asop.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I need the camera app. Or something as good. It's killing me that I can't run thus Rom without it because I love asop.

The only thing that is missing from the camera, that I have noticed, is the rapid shot and slow motion video capture features. While these are AWESOME features that have lots of great wow factor, they aren't necessarily deal breakers when missing, for me that is. I can still take pics almost as fast as I can press the button, in full 8MP mode. I can capture 720P and 1080p video, and in 720p mode I can capture stills from the feed. This functionality far surpasses the last two EVOs, which says a lot for how far AOSP has come in the past two years. Do you use the other features all that much?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that is missing from the camera, that I have noticed, is the rapid shot and slow motion video capture features. While these are AWESOME features that have lots of great wow factor, they aren't necessarily deal breakers when missing, for me that is. I can still take pics almost as fast as I can press the button, in full 8MP mode. I can capture 720P and 1080p video, and in 720p mode I can capture stills from the feed. This functionality far surpasses the last two EVOs, which says a lot for how far AOSP has come in the past two years. Do you use the other features all that much?

No. I don't use the features. The last build I used which the camera was working didn't take pictures as clear as the sense camera app.

Edit: looks like a lot more camera updates in the last build. Says to have added burst mode. Will have to give it another spin and see how the quality is.

Last edited:

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
No. I don't use the features. The last build I used which the camera was working didn't take pictures as clear as the sense camera app.

Edit: looks like a lot more camera updates in the last build. Says to have added burst mode. Will have to give it another spin and see how the quality is.

The burst mode is decent but not quite on the level of sense.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
No flash in burst mode, as far as I can tell. And it's not like the sense burst mode at all. You have to go into the settings and select 5 shot, 10 shot, 15 shot or 20 shot. Then when you hit the button, that many shots fire off. I like the sense version where you just hold the button and snap as many as you want. Oh well, at least they are making an effort to get some cool features in there. I can still snap pics as fast as I can press the button, so that works just fine for my needs. I can't really tell any difference in quality by looking at the pics on the phone. Maybe it's more noticeable when you view them on the PC. I'm not liking that they unmapped the menu button from the multitasking button, but at least there is setting for enabling it again. I was freak'n out there for a minute cuz I thought I lost the menu button completely!

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
No flash in burst mode, as far as I can tell. And it's not like the sense burst mode at all. You have to go into the settings and select 5 shot, 10 shot, 15 shot or 20 shot. Then when you hit the button, that many shots fire off. I like the sense version where you just hold the button and snap as many as you want. Oh well, at least they are making an effort to get some cool features in there. I can still snap pics as fast as I can press the button, so that works just fine for my needs. I can't really tell any difference in quality by looking at the pics on the phone. Maybe it's more noticeable when you view them on the PC. I'm not liking that they unmapped the menu button from the multitasking button, but at least there is setting for enabling it again. I was freak'n out there for a minute cuz I thought I lost the menu button completely!

Took me a while to find that hardware button mapping setting - I was really confused for a second, but glad the setting was there. Still coming off a fresh flash last night, though, so currently going through and seeing what has issues if anything. FWIW, I haven't noticed any poorer image quality from the camera (might just be me not noticing it...)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Took me a while to find that hardware button mapping setting - I was really confused for a second, but glad the setting was there. Still coming off a fresh flash last night, though, so currently going through and seeing what has issues if anything. FWIW, I haven't noticed any poorer image quality from the camera (might just be me not noticing it...)

To me at least the focus didn't work as well and pictures would come out blurry more often and never focus quite as well as stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC