Regamod root issue/problem

321contak

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello again,
I wanted to reset my phone to factory stock and get the latest updates and then root again.

This is what I did:

1. Unrooted with the RUU Method: Worked Excellent. Thanks to XDA, QBKing77

2. Downloaded and Installed latest OTA updates

3. Tried to root again using REGAMOD method following QBKing77 and djR3Z- Video instructions. Excellent videos BUT:
During the Regamod process my phone did not go to the boot loader automatically.
I had to power down and manually do go into boot loader every step it was required to. When all was done my boot load screen showed the correct information at the top: "TAMPERED" and "UNLOCKED" .
I was also able to go to RECOVERY and TWRP recovery was there.

I thought everything was ok so I powered down and restarted my phone.
When I went into the app menu to see if SUPER SU was installed, it was not there???
I went to the Play store and downloaded it and started the app but it said "No Binary Installed"
I used ROOT CHECKER app and it said phone is not rooted.

I have no idea what went wrong but the main issue was during the Regamod running, my phone just stayed idle and never went into the Bootloader automatically as it should have.

Can someone please advise and send me some help?

Thanks

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You have to download and flash the Su bianery In twrp then you will have root

Hello again,
I wanted to reset my phone to factory stock and get the latest updates and then root again.

This is what I did:

1. Unrooted with the RUU Method: Worked Excellent. Thanks to XDA, QBKing77

2. Downloaded and Installed latest OTA updates

3. Tried to root again using REGAMOD method following QBKing77 and djR3Z- Video instructions. Excellent videos BUT:
During the Regamod process my phone did not go to the boot loader automatically.
I had to power down and manually do go into boot loader every step it was required to. When all was done my boot load screen showed the correct information at the top: "TAMPERED" and "UNLOCKED" .
I was also able to go to RECOVERY and TWRP recovery was there.

I thought everything was ok so I powered down and restarted my phone.
When I went into the app menu to see if SUPER SU was installed, it was not there???
I went to the Play store and downloaded it and started the app but it said "No Binary Installed"
I used ROOT CHECKER app and it said phone is not rooted.

I have no idea what went wrong but the main issue was during the Regamod running, my phone just stayed idle and never went into the Bootloader automatically as it should have.

Can someone please advise and send me some help?

Thanks

321contak

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks gitit20
Are you saying that:
I will be able to install just TWRP first?
Then use Regamod to Root?

If you can provide steps, that would help me out tremendously.

Thanks again for your help