Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Has anyone done this yet or going to do this?
  2. #2  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,907 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Yes its being used.

    4.2 Camera

    4.2 keyboard

    4.2 clock
    Last edited by benny3; 12-04-2012 at 01:49 PM.


    mstrblueskys likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    Yes its being used.

    4.2 Camera

    4.2 keyboard

    4.2 clock
    Have you gotten a photosphere to work? I haven't really played around with it too much today, but I tried 2 in the office and they ended up looking like a Dali scene. I do like the camera way better than the CM10 stock. And the gallery is way better too. Do you like the keyboard better than swype (assuming you used it I guess - sry!)?
  4. #4  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,907 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    I never really played with it. i will and let you know


    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    I never really played with it. i will and let you know
    Sounds good. I think I have more consistent light right now so I'm going to give it another shot. I'll post a link to my next photosphere.
  6. #6  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,907 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Sounds good. I think I have more consistent light right now so I'm going to give it another shot. I'll post a link to my next photosphere.
    you need to go to the new gallery and choose the camera from there


  7. #7  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,907 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Try this one also 4.2 camera patch

    Its working for me


    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Sorry to hijack the thread, but Benny, I've read alot of your posts, you seem very knowledgeable, I'm sort of a tech dummy, but love it so much, I've Been reading about the one click root method, seems like i can't f... That one up, and if i do that, are "flashing" roms easy? And will the one click method allow me to do it? Also, "nandroid backup" or titanium backup, are they the same? And is this done after gaining root? One last noob question for you sir, is this as easy as everyone claims, our am i going to be sitting at the computer alot, having to do patches and the like? Thank you in advance for your answers

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but Benny, I've read alot of your posts, you seem very knowledgeable, I'm sort of a tech dummy, but love it so much, I've Been reading about the one click root method, seems like i can't f... That one up, and if i do that, are "flashing" roms easy? And will the one click method allow me to do it? Also, "nandroid backup" or titanium backup, are they the same? And is this done after gaining root? One last noob question for you sir, is this as easy as everyone claims, our am i going to be sitting at the computer alot, having to do patches and the like? Thank you in advance for your answers

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    There are some pretty simple ways to do this. I can help too if you want - PM me.

    Also, here's a link to my only working photosphere using the camera I was using before the patched one. I tried 5 times before I got this one and I have tried 2 times since with no success.

    PhotoSphere Attempt
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    Try this one also 4.2 camera patch

    Its working for me
    Do I just flash this in recovery and all is good?
  11. #11  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,907 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Do I just flash this in recovery and all is good?
    Yes. Its not working for you ? the link you posted is broken


  12. #12  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,907 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but Benny, I've read alot of your posts, you seem very knowledgeable, I'm sort of a tech dummy, but love it so much, I've Been reading about the one click root method, seems like i can't f... That one up, and if i do that, are "flashing" roms easy? And will the one click method allow me to do it? Also, "nandroid backup" or titanium backup, are they the same? And is this done after gaining root? One last noob question for you sir, is this as easy as everyone claims, our am i going to be sitting at the computer alot, having to do patches and the like? Thank you in advance for your answers

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Im not sure what one click method your talking about. You will need to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery such as TWRP . once you have the recovery installed that is how you can flash zip files ...roms, and mods. A nand backup is where you backup your system so you can restore it if any thing go's wrong when flashing a zip.Titanium is mainly to backup your apps so if you flash a different rom you wont need to reinstall all your apps. BTW what hboot version are you on ?


  13. #13  

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Lol, not sure where to even find it!, never mind, I'm a complete *****, I'll just have to wait for scheduled updates, just tried the 1 click thing (runme.bat) was the file i clicked, in the process i was trying to figure out how to update the drivers to recognize my phone, i got some crazy on my pc now that is some pop up that says something about scan now tocheck viruses! Wife is pissed at me! Lol, I'm a 42 yr old plumber, not a pc whiz! Now I'm screwed

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,907 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Sounds good. I think I have more consistent light right now so I'm going to give it another shot. I'll post a link to my next photosphere.
    I was playing around with it and its not putting the pic's together like they should be


  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    I was playing around with it and its not putting the pic's together like they should be
    I'm getting this issue too.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Happy Gnome PhotoSphere

    Any tips on updating CM10 without having to reflash the camera app every time?
  17. #17  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,907 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Happy Gnome PhotoSphere

    Any tips on updating CM10 without having to reflash the camera app every time?
    You can use 7zip and add the camera.apk and the libs to CM10 zip


    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    You can use 7zip and add the camera.apk and the libs to CM10 zip
    Ah! Great. Can I do this on the phone using ZArchiver or a similar program? I'm using the CM Updater in the About Phone tab of settings. It would be nice to have the ability to do it on the fly. Maybe you haven't tried. I just did the update to the most recent, but I've got time tonight, so if you haven't tried, I'll back up and try it on yesterday's nightly.
  19. #19  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,907 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Ah! Great. Can I do this on the phone using ZArchiver or a similar program? I'm using the CM Updater in the About Phone tab of settings. It would be nice to have the ability to do it on the fly. Maybe you haven't tried. I just did the update to the most recent, but I've got time tonight, so if you haven't tried, I'll back up and try it on yesterday's nightly.
    What i would do then if your using nightlys is just keep the camera apk and libs on your sdcard and after a update just copy them over the right folders in system and reboot


    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    What i would do then if your using nightlys is just keep the camera apk and libs on your sdcard and after a update just copy them over the right folders in system and reboot
    Great advice, thanks! Have you found anything to fix the 4.2 camera?
  21. #21  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,907 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Great advice, thanks! Have you found anything to fix the 4.2 camera?
    No i havn't but then again i havnt tried...lol i been messing around with the SG3 and multi window


  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    No i havn't but then again i havnt tried...lol i been messing around with the SG3 and multi window
    I was just looking into that! I think it looks awesome - what do you think about it now that you've played around with it?
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    hey so I tried this camera. However when I try to use the photo sphere it says my phone is not supported yet. Any ideas?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    466 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Is Anyone Flashing the 4.2 Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow6899 View Post
    hey so I tried this camera. However when I try to use the photo sphere it says my phone is not supported yet. Any ideas?
    What rom are you using?
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    What rom are you using?
    A cm10 nightly build. Every time I try to update my rom I get no cell/data connection so I've been stuck on this nightly build.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone Flash the Newest Radio Yet?
    By PapaSmurf6768 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 06:33 AM
  2. Anyone flashed the leaked version of Gingerbread?
    By lindel in forum G2X Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 11:36 AM
  3. Anyone flashed the leaked version of Gingerbread?
    By lindel in forum T-Mobile G2x
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 06:36 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 11:42 AM
  5. Anyone Flash the Newest Radio Yet?
    By in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions