Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #26  
    Caleb Morris's Avatar

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: new to rooting, guide to completely root and put on a mod?

    And if you don't know how to flash fastboot, take a look at my earlier post and click the second link. It gives directions on how to fastboot
  2. #27  

    Default Re: new to rooting, guide to completely root and put on a mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by 64mosh View Post
    You have to flash the boot image how you do it is extract boot.img from the ROM zip file into the fastboot folder and open cmd prompt and put phone into fastboot type in "fasrboot flash boot boot.IMG" hit enter plug in your phone and when its done type in "fastboot reboot" and you should be able to boot up
    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you. I'm trying to flash the boot.img and i'm not having a whole lot of luck. I tried it on my PC but I can't get the drivers to launch so I go to my mac and the command returns "no such directly" when i type ./fastboot-mac flash boot boot.img

    Here is the whole line to show the directory: Drews-MacBook-Pro:cm-10-20121207-nightly-jewel DrewVig$ ./fastboot-mac flash boot boot.img
    I love my EVO LTE
  3. #28  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,762 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: new to rooting, guide to completely root and put on a mod?

    If you have the command prompt open just type fastboot flash boot boot.img

    Windows Drivers



  4. #29  

    Default Re: new to rooting, guide to completely root and put on a mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    If you have the command prompt open just type fastboot flash boot boot.img

    Windows Drivers
    **Exhaled** All is clear now. Thank you all for the help. Where else can you go to get help like this.... Nowhere. Much love from the noob.
    I love my EVO LTE
  5. #30  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,762 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: new to rooting, guide to completely root and put on a mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewvig View Post
    **Exhaled** All is clear now. Thank you all for the help. Where else can you go to get help like this.... Nowhere. Much love from the noob.
    So did you get it ? Cool Beanz!



  6. #31  

    Default Re: new to rooting, guide to completely root and put on a mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    So did you get it ? Cool Beanz!
    I did get it but in the process my internal memory is not seeming to work. Can't do anything related to pictures or camera due to "no external storage"

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I love my EVO LTE
  7. #32  

    Default Re: new to rooting, guide to completely root and put on a mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewvig View Post
    I did get it but in the process my internal memory is not seeming to work. Can't do anything related to pictures or camera due to "no external storage"

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Go to recovery there is a option "mount"
    Mount internal storage and then hit the "usb mount" and on your pc will come up that you have to format your disc. So format it and you should be good to go!

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  8. #33  

    Default Re: new to rooting, guide to completely root and put on a mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by 64mosh View Post
    Go to recovery there is a option "mount"
    Mount internal storage and then hit the "usb mount" and on your pc will come up that you have to format your disc. So format it and you should be good to go!

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Is it too personal to say i love you?

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I love my EVO LTE
    dskwerl likes this.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: new to rooting, guide to completely root and put on a mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewvig View Post
    Is it too personal to say i love you?

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Kind of lol
    The thing is that I figured all this out last night the hard way when I rooted for the first time. But I'm good now and I'm happy that I could help out !

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Guide] Complete Guide to Using Odin(de-bloat,root and recover)
    By Dhendy91 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-17-2014, 12:59 AM
  2. Idiots Guide to Rooting and Custom ROMs, Optimus S Edition
    By dishe in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 11:36 PM
  3. DroidX Guide to Rooting, Backing Up and Installing Custom ROMs
    By Cyber Warrior in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 06:59 AM
  4. since rooting and putting on CM7 I am randomly not getting texts
    By oresteez in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 09:21 PM
  5. DroidX Guide to Rooting, Backing Up and Installing Custom ROMs
    By Cyber Warrior in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions