Rooting & Undelete
Long story short, I've randomly 'lost' phone contacts & it's been more than 30 days so I can't use my gmail back-up list. Sprint can't/won't help me & from what I've read, the ONLY way to possible 'find/retrieve' these lost numbers, is to root my phone & use an "undelete" app. Before I proceed with attempting to root my phone, can anyone confirm if indeed this can or will work to find deleted phone contacts older than one month? Or, is there a better, faster or easier way...thanx for any info or insight anyone has to offer.
- 12-12-2012, 08:46 AM #2
- 12-12-2012, 12:48 PM #4
Re: Rooting & Undelete
I upgraded my phone back in Oct @ Sprint Store...they 'transferred' my contacts for me, however a few weeks ago I noticed I had random missing contacts/numbers etc. I went to my google (gmail) contacts & they were gone from there as well. So, apparently when they got mysteriously deleted somehow from my phone, they were also deleted from gmail contacts/backup, since my phone is synched to my email (gmail) acct. Is this making sense now? It's looking like I'm out of luck & I've even tried looking/searching online for specific Android software that can do undelete but most of it looks like it's for pictures.
I'd happily pay to have this fixed/restored but am at a loss as to IF it can be and who can do it...I don't know anyone at CSI/NCIS! lol
- 12-12-2012, 07:37 PM #6
- By Jokerfwb in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 04-16-2012, 08:12 PM
- By ftgg99 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 7Last Post: 12-14-2011, 10:34 PM
- By imekul in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
- By brandonscott in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2009, 08:43 PM
- By tx26257 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 5Last Post: 11-03-2009, 05:56 PM