Rooting & Undelete

loperella

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Long story short, I've randomly 'lost' phone contacts & it's been more than 30 days so I can't use my gmail back-up list. Sprint can't/won't help me & from what I've read, the ONLY way to possible 'find/retrieve' these lost numbers, is to root my phone & use an "undelete" app. Before I proceed with attempting to root my phone, can anyone confirm if indeed this can or will work to find deleted phone contacts older than one month? Or, is there a better, faster or easier way...thanx for any info or insight anyone has to offer.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You can log into your gmail account on a pc and they should be there also
Or you looking for the contact history ?

loperella

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
They're not in my gmail account anymore & i tried resetting back 30 days but no luck. I wish gmail would let undo/revert back more than 1 mos. :( So, do you know if there's anyway to find them on my phone sd card?

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. Did you not sync your contacts with your Google account? Can't u go into settings-->accounts and choose to sync your contacts with google?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

loperella

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded my phone back in Oct @ Sprint Store...they 'transferred' my contacts for me, however a few weeks ago I noticed I had random missing contacts/numbers etc. I went to my google (gmail) contacts & they were gone from there as well. So, apparently when they got mysteriously deleted somehow from my phone, they were also deleted from gmail contacts/backup, since my phone is synched to my email (gmail) acct. Is this making sense now? It's looking like I'm out of luck & I've even tried looking/searching online for specific Android software that can do undelete but most of it looks like it's for pictures.

I'd happily pay to have this fixed/restored but am at a loss as to IF it can be and who can do it...I don't know anyone at CSI/NCIS! lol ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney