ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded all the files needed. Phone is unlocked and started using twrp recovery. When I go into fastboot usb it recognizes my phone but that's it. Can't go any further. Question, is all the downloads supposed to be in one spot. I've looked at several videos and they don't tell you what to do when fastboot won't recognize command.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded all the files needed. Phone is unlocked and started using twrp recovery. When I go into fastboot usb it recognizes my phone but that's it. Can't go any further. Question, is all the downloads supposed to be in one spot. I've looked at several videos and they don't tell you what to do when fastboot won't recognize command.

Thats because the stock hboot doesnt support the extra fastboot commands. Do you have TWRP installed ?

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Not on the phone, all I have is unlocked. So what method should I use? I have updated to jellybean.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Not on the phone, all I have is unlocked. So what method should I use? I have updated to jellybean.

Go here TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.3 - HTC Evo 4G LTE | TeamWin and download the bootloader version,rename it PJ75.IMG dont put the zip on the end. copy it to your external sdcard boot in to the bootloader and it will parse it and ask if you want to update, you do after its done reboot and remove the PJ75.IMG from your sdcard and you now have TWRP recovery installed

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Did what you said. Watching the bootloader its saying no image. I tried with zip at the end and it said need to update when I hit bootloader.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Did what you said. Watching the bootloader its saying no image. I tried with zip at the end and it said need to update when I hit bootloader.

it was a zip when you downloaded maybe you deleted the .zip when you renamed it ?

if its asking to update tell it yes..thats what you want

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Said yes, then it said update failed. File is old. By the way thanks for the help

Emmanuel Colula

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that everytime I shut down my phone or it shuts down because battery dies I loose all my pictures and Music Playlist created. Is their a reason why??? I have Droidlost install, angry birds, tetris ec. common games. Thanks

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that everytime I shut down my phone or it shuts down because battery dies I loose all my pictures and Music Playlist created. Is their a reason why??? I have Droidlost install, angry birds, tetris ec. common games. Thanks
Not a clue sorry, I dont think it's very good idea to let your phone drain the battery dead very often