superSU problems

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I rooted last night using RegawMOD, which went pretty well. That process installed superSU, but when I try to use Titanium Backup, it says the device isn't rooted. The SU app itself says it needs to update binaries, but each time, the installation fails. So far, I have tried a fresh install from the market, clearing data and preferences, etc. I've even downloaded the .zip from XDA, but when I reboot into TWRP, I can't seem to find the superSU file to flash from recovery. Anyone have any ideas for how to get this to work?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I rooted last night using RegawMOD, which went pretty well. That process installed superSU, but when I try to use Titanium Backup, it says the device isn't rooted. The SU app itself says it needs to update binaries, but each time, the installation fails. So far, I have tried a fresh install from the market, clearing data and preferences, etc. I've even downloaded the .zip from XDA, but when I reboot into TWRP, I can't seem to find the superSU file to flash from recovery. Anyone have any ideas for how to get this to work?
Have you checked both external and internal sdcards in recovery ?
Another option is to flash a stock rooted rom

Last edited:

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, eventually TWRP was able to find the zip file. Unfortunately, flashing it didn't solve the problem. So I tried the second option, which was to flash Cyanogen10, which I planned to do anyway. The zip installed just fine, or so said the phone. But on reboot, all I could get to was the boot-up blue Cyanogen circle and the rom wouldn't boot even after 15 minutes of grinding at startup. Tried it twice.

So I have this rooted phone, except I can't run root apps on it or flash custom roms. Other than that..... :)

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Happy dance? Just for grins, I decided to try to flast MeanBean. And it worked! So I have a custom rom. And My Backup Pro asked for root access and got it, and is now restoring my apps and stuff. When that's done, I'll see if the other root apps work. Crossing my phalanges!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Happy dance? Just for grins, I decided to try to flast MeanBean. And it worked! So I have a custom rom. And My Backup Pro asked for root access and got it, and is now restoring my apps and stuff. When that's done, I'll see if the other root apps work. Crossing my phalanges!
Great! glad you got it. Any custom rom will have superuser and busybox baked in so as long as you stay with a custom or a stock rooted rom you should not have to worry about root.
When you flash a rom for the first time go to the superuser app and open it cuz sometimes it will come up with a box and say it needs to install the binary and if you dont it may act as if you dont have root.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I know what happened to me was that SuperSU needed to update its scripts. Make sure you open SuperSU to do this before expecting to grant anything root access.

MeanBean JUST updated SuperSU - MikyXDA does a great job with updates.

shanem98

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a old thread but I just resolved (or better stated bypassed) a issue with a Swype keyboard app not retaining default status after a restart by uninstalling Swype and then using Titanium to restore it. It seems that android play store paid apps install in a special area that is not accessible at boot with Android 4.1.2. This is to be fixed with 4.2 the best date I've heard is October-November timeframe. My thought is maybe SuperSu is maybe subject to the same bug? Any expert opinion on this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy