Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Csan508
  • 1 Post By mstrblueskys
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    rg56's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default Should I update to 3.16 before I root?

    Should I update to 3.16 before I root or wait to do it afterwards?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Should I update to 3.16 before I root?

    No i wouldn't at all specially if you if you are s off so if I was you i would wait

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    rg56 
    rg56 likes this.
  3. #3  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Should I update to 3.16 before I root?

    Quote Originally Posted by rg56 View Post
    Should I update to 3.16 before I root or wait to do it afterwards?
    I unrooted and updated, then rooted again. It was a pain. Just use DirtyRacun to root and go S-Off so you can update your radios.
    Thanked by:
    rg56 
    rg56 likes this.
  4. #4  
    ajbrad71's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I update to 3.16 before I root?

    I did and it was a pain. I am s on, cause if something goes wrong it will be a booger to fix. Not a lot of ROMs for the new update

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,541 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Should I update to 3.16 before I root?

    s-off is the only way to go.



  6. #6  

    Default Re: Should I update to 3.16 before I root?

    Would you please post a link on how to root a EVO 4G LTE on 3.16?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    rg56's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts

    Default Re: Should I update to 3.16 before I root?

    Thank you guy, I am glad I asked. I will not update and I will begin the root process today...excited!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Should I update to 3.16 before I root?

    I need this too please. I have looked here and on XDA. I have gone to HTCDEV.com, and I get told the token is not the correct size. My phone is stock to 3.16, and everything works. I am interested in foxfi and meanbean.

    Thanks !!

Similar Threads

  1. Just got my Nexus 7 -- should I update to 4.2.1 from 4.1.2?
    By JobiWan144 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 01:03 PM
  2. Should I update to 2.3.5?
    By investech in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 10:52 PM
  3. Should I Update to Touchwiz?
    By red3213 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inch
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 05:40 PM
  4. Should I update to Gingerbread?
    By newmomto1 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 11:50 AM
  5. should i update to froyo manually or just wait for the ota
    By biggiehead in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

B