bootlooping and cant hard reset

ChallengerRT

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
OK,
I posted this in the EVO LTE section and no replies. I have a completly stock phone that misteriously sarted boot looping. I can not get it to do a hard reset. I am in the Hboot mode, but it just starts looping when I select factory reset. I have the RUU that I believe is the right one. I have it connected to my PC and tried running the RUU. But my PC will not recognize my phone. I have HTC synch installed and no luck. What do I need to do to flash this. I am sorry if this exact scenario has been asked, but I can't seem to find anything on my exact situation. Any help is greatly appreciated.:'(

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Uninstall htc sync and install these drivers, you may also need to put the bootloader into fastboot usb mode. with the usb cable pluged in ,use your volume button to scroll and your power button to select

http://db.tt/cI5Womtn

ChallengerRT

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. It is still not recognizing my phone. When I connect the USB the phone freezes and I can not do anything with it. I'm currently searching for a method to load it onto my SD card. Seems like I saw something along those lines.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What base are you on? i know the newest RUU's are encrypted now so its not so easy to pull the rom zip from to run in the bootloader.

I found THIS so your in luck. I'll look around and post what i find. Im almost sure you need s-off to flash a PJ75.IMG in the bootloader

Last edited:

ChallengerRT

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm a novice. I haven't anything in a few years now. I used to flash a few phones back in the day. However, I might as well be new to it now. LOL. I stopped by the Sprint store and am going to see if they can do anything with it. She couldn't get it to factory reset either. Now we're looking at a manufacturer defect issue. Since this should be a warrantee thing. I'll

ChallengerRT

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
OK. I took it to the Sprint stoe. They fixed it. Apparently they opened it up and the battey terminals were out of wack. They said they tweeked them back and wallah. So for any future readers, you might try looking at the battey. Too bad it's not an easy battery to get to.