Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi Hotspot Problems

I downloaded the APK and have been unsuccessful in getting it to connect. I was wondering if you have any advice for a newbie or know of good instruction videos for creating the wireless hotspot with my phone, which I rooted a few days ago. I looked up qbking77's video on YouTube regarding this, but the video I found did not work for me. I have TrevE's wifi tether app, and I still cant connect. (HTC evo 4g lte)

Default Re: Wifi Hotspot Problems

I am an ATT customer and they don't allow me to use my phone to create a hotspot or to use it and tether other devices I would need to root myphone tto be able to use this feature. I've looked in the play store and all the apps all require root. But iI found a GREAT app that allows me to create a hotspot with my phone without needing root access. It's called "Fast Wifi Tether Free". It's great and I've been using it for a few months now with no issues whatsoever. The free version allows you to create a hotspot without any access code (meaning that anyone within range can access your hotspot) and the paid version allows you to create a password for your hotspot. Try it out. I use the free version at home because I don't need to worry about strangers using my hotspot, if I lived in an apartment building or was setting up my hotspot in public places then I would buy the paid version but the free is good enough for my needs. This app is so great that I actually might buy the full version just to support the developer even though I don't need the full version. Once again, this app is free and doesn't require root access to use. It really is perfect for creating a hotspot or tethering other devices to your phone. Some nights I have had my wife's phone and both my son's Nintendo connected to my phone with no problems at all, have also used it with my laptop at home. I hope you check it out and I hope it solves your needs.

Default Re: Wifi Hotspot Problems

My HTC One Flash is not working every time i open the camera it show flash will not work as Wifi Hotspot feature is on, please do the needful.