Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree19Likes

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Default Re: HTC Jet (HTC Once X) Coming to Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Where did you see this? I hope it's true, but I'd love a link.
    this is the only confirmation I could dig up -
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Just 1 day left, but I really hope the part about metal case is false. It needs to be the same as the One X which is a gorgeous device.

Do people even understand that there is no info except the vague email Phil received? The post on "theverge" (whatever that site is) is only reporting on Phil's post here. LAME. Please don't link to stupid non-original info sites. Were only giving them page views for no reason.

PS

Trust in Phil. He is hinting and questioning the AMOLED. Relax and wait until the official announcement.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
    Do people even understand that there is no info except the vague email Phil received? The post on "theverge" (whatever that site is) is only reporting on Phil's post here. LAME. Please don't link to stupid non-original info sites. Were only giving them page views for no reason.

PS

Trust in Phil. He is hinting and questioning the AMOLED. Relax and wait until the official announcement.
    Seriously. You all know as much as I do right now. I'm on a plane for NYC in the morning, and we'll get our hands on whatever it is tomorrow night. Stay close.
    Thanked by:
    Rose4uKY likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Seriously. You all know as much as I do right now. I'm on a plane for NYC in the morning, and we'll get our hands on whatever it is tomorrow night. Stay close.
    That link to the phandroid article said that it was confirmed to be SLCD2, for what it's worth. Please steal some handsets for your loyal readers and we'll all be happy. Please tweet and take pics, as it will get to us (me) faster than waiting for the article.

Also, I saw in the movie Elf that the "World's Greatest Cup of Coffee" is sold somewhere in NYC. Please report on that as well, if you have the time.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

AMOLED is a dealbreaker. Nothing has beat clarity of LCD.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Yeah. That one rumored spec never did sound right to me.
    didn't you also say they wouldn't redesign the phone just for Sprint?....jkjk

I do like how Sprint has this relationship with HTC to get what they want in the device though, like SD storage and such...
    Rose4uKY likes this.

I'm really glad there is an SD slot since it's only going to have 16 gig internal and having the kickstand back and hopefully a better speaker is also a plus. My friend went from OG EVO to the 3D and hates listening to msuic or podcast and says the alarm isn't near as loud as the OG EVO. And I don't like the fact that you can't swap out the battery but as much as I've been reading about the S4 and Krait and how the battery won't drain as fast as now and it will have the 2650 battery so I think or at least I hope I'm ok. I don't really know difference between Amoled and the LCD2 I don't know I've had the OG EVO and now the 3D but I'm sure i'll still like it. And i'm glad from what I read it's going to be black and red that's the EVO for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    didn't you also say they wouldn't redesign the phone just for Sprint?....jkjk

I do like how Sprint has this relationship with HTC to get what they want in the device though, like SD storage and such...

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
    I'm really glad there is an SD slot since it's only going to have 16 gig internal and having the kickstand back and hopefully a better speaker is also a plus. My friend went from OG EVO to the 3D and hates listening to msuic or podcast and says the alarm isn't near as loud as the OG EVO... ...And i'm glad from what I read it's going to be black and red that's the EVO for ya.
    Great point - the speaker on the 3D sucks. A lot. And then some more. The OG EVO wasn't great either, but it was better than the 3D. It would be a shame to put the Beats software in there and supply a crappy speaker. Especially since HTC has had great speakers in the past.

And the black w/ red trim really is the EVO.

I keep reading about beats audio and never really new what it was But I'm looking forward to this phone and can't wait to officially here what they say tomorrow. And the kickstand being brought back is great. But I have a great Seidio Kickstand case now. My sense keeps reloading 4 or 5 times a day when I hit my home screen to back out of something. It just started about a week ago and it's getting on my nerves. I think I need to delete apps my phones pretty full.

Great point - the speaker on the 3D sucks. A lot. And then some more. The OG EVO wasn't great either, but it was better than the 3D. It would be a shame to put the Beats software in there and supply a crappy speaker. Especially since HTC has had great speakers in the past.

And the black w/ red trim really is the EVO.
    Last edited by Rose4uKY; 04-03-2012 at 11:17 PM.

ROM
    Stock

Could be apps, I suppose. I have a bunch on mine, too but I've only had Sense restart a handful of times over the life of the phone.

I am down to 100mb of space and my friend was too and he got back up to 400 his was doing the same thing. He said deleting Android System Works and Memory Booster and a couple other apps like that made his stoip so I deleted those two and a few more and now i have 140 not much more space but I rebooted the phone and now I think I am fixed I hope so.

So did they announce it yet? What time is the meeting?

Could be apps, I suppose. I have a bunch on mine, too but I've only had Sense restart a handful of times over the life of the phone.

I am down to 100mb of space and my friend was too and he got back up to 400 his was doing the same thing. He said deleting Android System Works and Memory Booster and a couple other apps like that made his stoip so I deleted those two and a few more and now i have 140 not much more space but I rebooted the phone and now I think I am fixed I hope so.

So did they announce it yet? What time is the meeting?
    Later in the afternoon, it should be.

I just read this and it showed a leaked pic and said late in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    Later in the afternoon, it should be.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

^meh.

5:30-7:30ET is the event.
    Thanked by:
    Rose4uKY likes this.

ROM
    Stock

I just read this and it showed a leaked pic and said late in the evening.

Courtesy of ECrispy:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...confirmed.html

This has a link to the original article w/ more pictures. I've been lamenting this since midnight (and before anyone comments, no, I have no life). As for the apps and memory, I use an app called App2SD. It just organizes all your apps and lets you systematically move everything to SD that can be moved. It will also fill you in on what functions you will lose in a specific app when you do move it to SD. You can obviously do all of this manually anyway, but it is a quicker way and doesn't require you to spend half a day searching for everything in the phone one app at a time. I don't know what it costs, as I picked it up from Amazon when it was the FAOTD awhile back.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

It doesn't look all bad.

SLCD2
    2000mah
    Micro SD
    Beats Audio

It is one ugly mother though...
    Last edited by dreamliner; 04-04-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Thanked by 2:

2000mah non removeable? why!!!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by drewsg View Post
    2000mah non removeable? why!!!!!
    That's bigger than most other phones.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

I'd still take a MAXX on Sprint...(with SLCD, drool).

Yeah all the rumors were true except battery 2000 over 2650 which we thought. What do we have now 1800. But I was told with this new processor it won't drain as fast who knows. I am still excited about it and getting it. I read you can pre order it on 5/7. So maybe this will be out in June not like last year I sold my EVO and the 3D wasn't coming out for another few weeks and I couldn't stand using my old phone so I rebought the EVO and returned it in the 30 days time period LOL!
    Last edited by Rose4uKY; 04-05-2012 at 09:18 AM.

I think it's a great-looking phone. I'm thrilled with the red kickstand. Very distinctive.

I want a replaceable battery. Sure the 2000 is strong - now. What about 1.5 years from now. Batteries get just a little tired by then. Yes, I live in the Land Of Electrical Outlets, but sometimes when traveling it's hard to find an outlet and be able to stand next to it for long.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345