HTC Jet (HTC Once X) Coming to Sprint

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Just 1 day left, but I really hope the part about metal case is false. It needs to be the same as the One X which is a gorgeous device.

steveholtam

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Do people even understand that there is no info except the vague email Phil received? The post on "theverge" (whatever that site is) is only reporting on Phil's post here. LAME. Please don't link to stupid non-original info sites. Were only giving them page views for no reason.

PS

Trust in Phil. He is hinting and questioning the AMOLED. Relax and wait until the official announcement.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Do people even understand that there is no info except the vague email Phil received? The post on "theverge" (whatever that site is) is only reporting on Phil's post here. LAME. Please don't link to stupid non-original info sites. Were only giving them page views for no reason.

PS

Trust in Phil. He is hinting and questioning the AMOLED. Relax and wait until the official announcement.

Seriously. You all know as much as I do right now. I'm on a plane for NYC in the morning, and we'll get our hands on whatever it is tomorrow night. Stay close. :)

Reactions: Rose4uKY

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. You all know as much as I do right now. I'm on a plane for NYC in the morning, and we'll get our hands on whatever it is tomorrow night. Stay close. :)

That link to the phandroid article said that it was confirmed to be SLCD2, for what it's worth. Please steal some handsets for your loyal readers and we'll all be happy. Please tweet and take pics, as it will get to us (me) faster than waiting for the article.

Also, I saw in the movie Elf that the "World's Greatest Cup of Coffee" is sold somewhere in NYC. Please report on that as well, if you have the time.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm really glad there is an SD slot since it's only going to have 16 gig internal and having the kickstand back and hopefully a better speaker is also a plus. My friend went from OG EVO to the 3D and hates listening to msuic or podcast and says the alarm isn't near as loud as the OG EVO. And I don't like the fact that you can't swap out the battery but as much as I've been reading about the S4 and Krait and how the battery won't drain as fast as now and it will have the 2650 battery so I think or at least I hope I'm ok. I don't really know difference between Amoled and the LCD2 I don't know I've had the OG EVO and now the 3D but I'm sure i'll still like it. And i'm glad from what I read it's going to be black and red that's the EVO for ya.

didn't you also say they wouldn't redesign the phone just for Sprint?....jkjk

I do like how Sprint has this relationship with HTC to get what they want in the device though, like SD storage and such...

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm really glad there is an SD slot since it's only going to have 16 gig internal and having the kickstand back and hopefully a better speaker is also a plus. My friend went from OG EVO to the 3D and hates listening to msuic or podcast and says the alarm isn't near as loud as the OG EVO... ...And i'm glad from what I read it's going to be black and red that's the EVO for ya.

Great point - the speaker on the 3D sucks. A lot. And then some more. The OG EVO wasn't great either, but it was better than the 3D. It would be a shame to put the Beats software in there and supply a crappy speaker. Especially since HTC has had great speakers in the past.

And the black w/ red trim really is the EVO.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I keep reading about beats audio and never really new what it was But I'm looking forward to this phone and can't wait to officially here what they say tomorrow. And the kickstand being brought back is great. But I have a great Seidio Kickstand case now. My sense keeps reloading 4 or 5 times a day when I hit my home screen to back out of something. It just started about a week ago and it's getting on my nerves. I think I need to delete apps my phones pretty full.

Great point - the speaker on the 3D sucks. A lot. And then some more. The OG EVO wasn't great either, but it was better than the 3D. It would be a shame to put the Beats software in there and supply a crappy speaker. Especially since HTC has had great speakers in the past.

And the black w/ red trim really is the EVO.

Last edited:

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Could be apps, I suppose. I have a bunch on mine, too but I've only had Sense restart a handful of times over the life of the phone.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I am down to 100mb of space and my friend was too and he got back up to 400 his was doing the same thing. He said deleting Android System Works and Memory Booster and a couple other apps like that made his stoip so I deleted those two and a few more and now i have 140 not much more space but I rebooted the phone and now I think I am fixed I hope so.

So did they announce it yet? What time is the meeting?

Could be apps, I suppose. I have a bunch on mine, too but I've only had Sense restart a handful of times over the life of the phone.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I am down to 100mb of space and my friend was too and he got back up to 400 his was doing the same thing. He said deleting Android System Works and Memory Booster and a couple other apps like that made his stoip so I deleted those two and a few more and now i have 140 not much more space but I rebooted the phone and now I think I am fixed I hope so.

So did they announce it yet? What time is the meeting?

Later in the afternoon, it should be.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I just read this and it showed a leaked pic and said late in the evening.

HTC EVO One for Sprint caught on camera ahead of announcement

Courtesy of ECrispy:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/165491-new-pics-evo-one-worst-fears-confirmed.html

This has a link to the original article w/ more pictures. I've been lamenting this since midnight (and before anyone comments, no, I have no life). As for the apps and memory, I use an app called App2SD. It just organizes all your apps and lets you systematically move everything to SD that can be moved. It will also fill you in on what functions you will lose in a specific app when you do move it to SD. You can obviously do all of this manually anyway, but it is a quicker way and doesn't require you to spend half a day searching for everything in the phone one app at a time. I don't know what it costs, as I picked it up from Amazon when it was the FAOTD awhile back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463