Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock till root is stable

Default Re: Looks like Sprint has messed up another sleek design again

This whole thread of arguments more or less can be ended with this article: http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g...%94-its-better

Sprint version gets a bigger battery by 200 mAh which may or may not make a difference, micro SD card slot and a dedicated camera button. Design wise, if you want to change the color, heck it's your phone once purchased, paint the dang thing. HTC Evo 4G LTE was never supposed to be the HTC One X, it's dropping as the successor to the original EVO. Oh and I have a Epic Touch right now, plastic like area is quite handy if the phone hits the floor. I have dropped my phone from the front and back ( not paying attention ) and the most damage it has is a small scrape in the top corner.
    Oh and any sprint customer should more or less know that HTC and sprint release two versions of the EVO line phones. Black color with whatever and then white a few months later. They don't really advertise this but, it's happened with the past two higher end evo phones (OG EVO and the 3D). I can't remember if the shift got the all white treatment or not.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Tonio88; 04-06-2012 at 12:29 AM.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tonio88 View Post
    This whole thread of arguments more or less can be ended with this article: http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g...%94-its-better.......
    So just read the article and not post crazy smack to each other? That doesn't sound like too much fun...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Yeah, way to not pay attention to anything. I posted that before the official announcement, as we were all just killing time here waiting for it to go down. If you actually read through the thread at all you would have seen a lot of people changing their line of thinking once it was announced.

Also, you were wrong on a couple of things:

There is no aluminum band around the side. It is a chassis machined from one solid piece of aluminum. They just chose to polish the side instead of paint it or anodize it. They wanted it to look different than the back of the phone. I'm not saying I like the look or not, just that you're wrong.

The One X does not have curved glass. It's an optical illusion when you look at it from the side. The sides are scooped out as the reach the center of the display edge. I love that look and wish they had kept it for the new EVO, but they didn't. That doesn't change the fact that you were wrong.

While you are correct in the new EVO not being white, neither is every One X HTC makes. Check the HTC site and you will see them in black and gray as well.

And I got confused when you said initially that "I don't mind that some people may like the look of this phone.", only to end by saying "The argument that it looks "good" is flat-out wrong.". Which is it? Are we entitled to our own opinions or only to yours?
    Ok, fair enough about the aluminum chasis, I didn't know that. I think the strip would look better black.

About the curved glass, compare side view pics of both phones, and there is a noticeable difference...the One X looks curved to me.

Finally, there is not a contradiction in my post. People can like ugly. People can like bad design. It happens. Like it or not, it's ugly. It reminds me of the Honda Element, unique, functional, but its rabid fanbase is small. Sprint needs to grow its fanbase, and the One X wouldve done that. Just like the iPhone has. This phone won't.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock till root is stable

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    So just read the article and not post crazy smack to each other? That doesn't sound like too much fun...
    Lol yeah true. I'm not one for smack talking though. Not my thing to do.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Most people would agree the One X looks better. It is a unique design language. Take away the kickstand and the 4GLTE is just another candybar.

Everyone agrees the 4GLTE has better specs.

It's not that hard. We have live with these facts and make our choices based on that. Sprint wanted the phone to look different and they certainly got it. They most likely could not put the bigger battery and sd card slot with the same shell without increasing the thickness.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    Most people would agree the One X looks better. It is a unique design language. Take away the kickstand and the 4GLTE is just another candybar.

Everyone agrees the 4GLTE has better specs.

It's not that hard. We have live with these facts and make our choices based on that. Sprint wanted the phone to look different and they certainly got it. They most likely could not put the bigger battery and sd card slot with the same shell without increasing the thickness.
    Most people do agree. All anyone needs to do is look at the comments on any of the bigger tech sites. Its pretty unanimous that the EVO is fugly compared to the One X. The only people that seem to thing differently are blind EVO supporters and people that think they have no other choice on Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Most people do agree. All anyone needs to do is look at the comments on any of the bigger tech sites. Its pretty unanimous that the EVO is fugly compared to the One X. The only people that seem to thing differently are blind EVO supporters and people that think they have no other choice on Sprint.
    I totally agree. The One X is beautiful and elegant. This thing is tacky at best... especially the freaking back!
    Thanked by:
    Raadius likes this.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Its still the best Android phone yet. Are there really people who will not get it because of the changed design?

I'm not happy about the changes, but I put up a poll specifically to ask this, and the response is 100% that people will still get this.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    Its still the best Android phone yet. Are there really people who will not get it because of the changed design?

I'm not happy about the changes, but I put up a poll specifically to ask this, and the response is 100% that people will still get this.
    In fairness, this is the EVO forum. Just a slight bias here, lol

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Thumbs down Re: Looks like Sprint has messed up another sleek design again

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Can't understand why Sprint continues to change the design of a beautiful piece of equipment.. Tired of bricks and plastic slabs..No difference in phones and horrible network speeds its time to go to Tmobile.
    I like having a unique phone that looks good and stands apart from the rest of the cookie cutter clones. If I wanted the same thing as the drooling masses I'd get a fruitfone and be as arrogant and uniformed as you are. I'm sure Sprint will not miss you in the least....
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

When the first (rather bad quality) pics leaked out, I was disappointed and hoped they weren't real. Then, when the EVO LTE was announced with better pics and quality videos, it didn't look as bad to me although I hated the glossy top portion of the back. Today, I'm pretty much over it and think the EVO LTE actually looks VERY nice, attractive, and beautiful in its own right. I'm still not 100% won over with the glossy top on the back but hey, not that big of a deal and I may end up liking that down the line, too. For me, I believe I had gotten so used to seeing the One X that my mind expected to see either the same thing or something very similar in Sprint's phone; that was my fault. Have to respect things' differences without predetermined bias. Anyway, I'm excited for the EVO LTE! Yay!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Fresh LTE 5.0

The phone looks great nothing but haters. SD card slot how is that bad kickstand red accent all improve on it.

ROM
    Fresh LTE 5.0

wow people are nothing but haters i like the look of the evo 4g lte better then the one x plus sd card slot kickstand i dont get how that's worse all are a bunch of Sprint bashers and HTC haters. Unlimited data and Sprint sucks have fun paying for your data. Im not buying the phone but i would if i had a upgrade waiting for the next 3d phone yes im the one who likes 3d on my phone choices is why i use android and not Apple no choice no custom roms

Its a fusion of the OG EVO and 3D, best of both worlds IMO and now with the LTE's.
    , Black OG Evo rooted, Epic 4G, White Evo, Evo 3D

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by slayerpsp View Post
    wow people are nothing but haters i like the look of the evo 4g lte better then the one x plus sd card slot kickstand i dont get how that's worse all are a bunch of Sprint bashers and HTC haters. Unlimited data and Sprint sucks have fun paying for your data. Im not buying the phone but i would if i had a upgrade waiting for the next 3d phone yes im the one who likes 3d on my phone choices is why i use android and not Apple no choice no custom roms
    Holy run on sentence, lol. I'm not "hating" or bashing anything. Just pointing out that the general consensus among people other than starry eyed EVO fans is lumped pretty heavily in the "WTF did the do to the design" side. And it has nothing to do with hate, but is based on what people think is aesthetically pleasing. There's a reason Apple's sleek, curved design sells so well. There's a reason the HTC One X has been met with universal praise as possibly the sexiest phone ever built. Just the same as why people look at a Ferrarri and drool, yet they don't over a 87 Ford Taurus. As I've said before, it's a great phone, and a great build, but the back looks like Frankenstein.

I also said nothing in regards to Sprint, unlimited data, or switching carriers. Not really sure where you came up with that one, lmao

The removable shiny plastic part should provide for better signal than the aluminum of the One X. Also, if you scratch the lens of the camera, it's an easily replaceable part.

http://www.androidcentral.com/one-ev...-you-hate-most

The addition of a kickstand and MicroSD slot are bonuses.

Who cares about design after put it on case cover.Main concern is about speed and Battery life other than all is excellent phone this phone definitely replace my O. Evo

ROM
    Stock

As one of the "blind EVO supporters" I partially agree with this comment. I do think that this design is very good looking. As an Evo 3D owner and a previous Evo 4G owner, I like the look of the Evo line. They knowcked it out of the park with this one IMO. I don't think that the Evo is my only choice in phones though. I thought the E4GT was an awesome phone and I actually owned it for a 3 day period. I personally prefer Sense to Touchwiz and the GPS radio on the E4GT was not the best. I think the EVO 4G LTE looks way better than the One X because that is MY preference. If someone else comes out with something that I couldn't live with I would go in that direction. Until then, the Evo still has won my hard earned doubloons.
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

The design of the EVO LTE is very nice for the most part. It's thin, lightweight, sleek, solidly built. The screen is huge, the kickstand feels surprisingly sturdy and offers a nice color accent. They even included the small detail of recessing the plastic that covers the camera lens so it won't get scratched when the phone is sitting on a table.

While I would prefer they used a polycarb cover that is color matched to the rest of the back, the shiny cover is a pretty minor issue and hardly worth the hissy fit people are throwing. If you don't like it, get a cover. If you just can't look past it, don't buy the phone.
    Thanked by 3:
    Treadhead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oversight View Post
    The design of the EVO LTE is very nice for the most part. It's thin, lightweight, sleek, solidly built. The screen is huge, the kickstand feels surprisingly sturdy and offers a nice color accent. They even included the small detail of recessing the plastic that covers the camera lens so it won't get scratched when the phone is sitting on a table.

While I would prefer they used a polycarb cover that is color matched to the rest of the back, the shiny cover is a pretty minor issue and hardly worth the hissy fit people are throwing. If you don't like it, get a cover. If you just can't look past it, don't buy the phone.
    Well said

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Quote Originally Posted by tjsongman View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much drama over esthetics of a BEAST of a phone, spec wise! 90% of us are going to throw it in a case anyway. The rest will have it grab people's attention and they can show off their BAD *** phone (that isn't pretty from the back)! Come on people...
    To be honest man..The real One X is such a beautiful design I'd have to take a chance at it dropping and cracking rather than covering it up.
    Thanked by:

I found what this phone reminds me of and its not good.

BigDinCA likes this.

ROM
    Tiamat_Evo-v4 1.0+

^ lol

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

You don't have to like the design, but that doesn't mean that sprint "screwed up". There's no design that's every going to please everyone. Personally, I don't think I would ever buy a white phone. I don't like the way it looks. I'm not completely thrilled about the design of the new Evo 4G LTE (damn, that's a mouthful) but I don't think it looks boring. It will definitely be identifiable from across the room, which is probably largely what Sprint/HTC were going for here.

When I first got the Evo 4G, I constantly had people walk up behind me while I was on my phone and say "Is that the Evo?" That recognition was because of the marketing and the fact that the phone was revolutionary in terms of power and screen tech. If your primary concern is about the phone looking "hip", then you might be on the wrong website

I will agree with one user that the kickstand we saw in the shots from the other day looked a little "rough" but I'm hoping that was just because it was a prototype model or something. I will reserve judgement for when I get to see the thing in person. I would have preferred a Tegra3 CPU, but I'll still be taking a hard look at this phone when it comes out next month.

Global Posts
    2,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Its really not a bad design, plus there's a dedicated camera button. You'll live
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast