Looks like Sprint has messed up another sleek design again

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
When the first (rather bad quality) pics leaked out, I was disappointed and hoped they weren't real. Then, when the EVO LTE was announced with better pics and quality videos, it didn't look as bad to me although I hated the glossy top portion of the back. Today, I'm pretty much over it and think the EVO LTE actually looks VERY nice, attractive, and beautiful in its own right. I'm still not 100% won over with the glossy top on the back but hey, not that big of a deal and I may end up liking that down the line, too. For me, I believe I had gotten so used to seeing the One X that my mind expected to see either the same thing or something very similar in Sprint's phone; that was my fault. Have to respect things' differences without predetermined bias. Anyway, I'm excited for the EVO LTE! Yay!:D

Reactions: crzycrkr

slayerpsp

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Most people do agree. All anyone needs to do is look at the comments on any of the bigger tech sites. Its pretty unanimous that the EVO is fugly compared to the One X. The only people that seem to thing differently are blind EVO supporters and people that think they have no other choice on Sprint.

wow people are nothing but haters i like the look of the evo 4g lte better then the one x plus sd card slot kickstand i dont get how that's worse all are a bunch of Sprint bashers and HTC haters. Unlimited data and Sprint sucks have fun paying for your data. Im not buying the phone but i would if i had a upgrade waiting for the next 3d phone yes im the one who likes 3d on my phone choices is why i use android and not Apple no choice no custom roms

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
wow people are nothing but haters i like the look of the evo 4g lte better then the one x plus sd card slot kickstand i dont get how that's worse all are a bunch of Sprint bashers and HTC haters. Unlimited data and Sprint sucks have fun paying for your data. Im not buying the phone but i would if i had a upgrade waiting for the next 3d phone yes im the one who likes 3d on my phone choices is why i use android and not Apple no choice no custom roms

Holy run on sentence, lol. I'm not "hating" or bashing anything. Just pointing out that the general consensus among people other than starry eyed EVO fans is lumped pretty heavily in the "WTF did the do to the design" side. And it has nothing to do with hate, but is based on what people think is aesthetically pleasing. There's a reason Apple's sleek, curved design sells so well. There's a reason the HTC One X has been met with universal praise as possibly the sexiest phone ever built. Just the same as why people look at a Ferrarri and drool, yet they don't over a 87 Ford Taurus. As I've said before, it's a great phone, and a great build, but the back looks like Frankenstein.

I also said nothing in regards to Sprint, unlimited data, or switching carriers. Not really sure where you came up with that one, lmao

evobb100

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Who cares about design after put it on case cover.Main concern is about speed and Battery life other than all is excellent phone this phone definitely replace my O. Evo

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Most people do agree. All anyone needs to do is look at the comments on any of the bigger tech sites. Its pretty unanimous that the EVO is fugly compared to the One X. The only people that seem to thing differently are blind EVO supporters and people that think they have no other choice on Sprint.

As one of the "blind EVO supporters" I partially agree with this comment. I do think that this design is very good looking. As an Evo 3D owner and a previous Evo 4G owner, I like the look of the Evo line. They knowcked it out of the park with this one IMO. I don't think that the Evo is my only choice in phones though. I thought the E4GT was an awesome phone and I actually owned it for a 3 day period. I personally prefer Sense to Touchwiz and the GPS radio on the E4GT was not the best. I think the EVO 4G LTE looks way better than the One X because that is MY preference. If someone else comes out with something that I couldn't live with I would go in that direction. Until then, the Evo still has won my hard earned doubloons.

oversight

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The design of the EVO LTE is very nice for the most part. It's thin, lightweight, sleek, solidly built. The screen is huge, the kickstand feels surprisingly sturdy and offers a nice color accent. They even included the small detail of recessing the plastic that covers the camera lens so it won't get scratched when the phone is sitting on a table.

While I would prefer they used a polycarb cover that is color matched to the rest of the back, the shiny cover is a pretty minor issue and hardly worth the hissy fit people are throwing. If you don't like it, get a cover. If you just can't look past it, don't buy the phone.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
The design of the EVO LTE is very nice for the most part. It's thin, lightweight, sleek, solidly built. The screen is huge, the kickstand feels surprisingly sturdy and offers a nice color accent. They even included the small detail of recessing the plastic that covers the camera lens so it won't get scratched when the phone is sitting on a table.

While I would prefer they used a polycarb cover that is color matched to the rest of the back, the shiny cover is a pretty minor issue and hardly worth the hissy fit people are throwing. If you don't like it, get a cover. If you just can't look past it, don't buy the phone.

Well said

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much drama over esthetics of a BEAST of a phone, spec wise! 90% of us are going to throw it in a case anyway. The rest will have it grab people's attention and they can show off their BAD ASS phone (that isn't pretty from the back)! Come on people...

To be honest man..The real One X is such a beautiful design I'd have to take a chance at it dropping and cracking rather than covering it up.

falconeight

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I found what this phone reminds me of and its not good.

F9CrayonBlkVelvet.jpg

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to like the design, but that doesn't mean that sprint "screwed up". There's no design that's every going to please everyone. Personally, I don't think I would ever buy a white phone. I don't like the way it looks. I'm not completely thrilled about the design of the new Evo 4G LTE (damn, that's a mouthful) but I don't think it looks boring. It will definitely be identifiable from across the room, which is probably largely what Sprint/HTC were going for here.

When I first got the Evo 4G, I constantly had people walk up behind me while I was on my phone and say "Is that the Evo?" That recognition was because of the marketing and the fact that the phone was revolutionary in terms of power and screen tech. If your primary concern is about the phone looking "hip", then you might be on the wrong website ;)

I will agree with one user that the kickstand we saw in the shots from the other day looked a little "rough" but I'm hoping that was just because it was a prototype model or something. I will reserve judgement for when I get to see the thing in person. I would have preferred a Tegra3 CPU, but I'll still be taking a hard look at this phone when it comes out next month.

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
My friend called this morning. As I pulled my phone from my pocket I thought, what an ugly phone. Later on I reached for my phone to tweet, and thought, man what a butt ugly phone!! Later on I checked my stocks and thought, lipstick on a pig looks better than this.... ! later on as I'm driving to a resturant using the built in GPS with Navigation, the phone seemed to mock me from the dashbaord with all of it's ugliness... So I threw the phone out the window. Who cares that it does all of this cool stuff for me, I just need it to look good!

applesuxdonkeyd1ck

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Can't understand why Sprint continues to change the design of a beautiful piece of equipment.. Tired of bricks and plastic slabs..No difference in phones and horrible network speeds its time to go to Tmobile.

ya know whay i hate about cryin ass little girls like you is you want the same phone as everyone else you want the x that spec wise isnt anything compared to the evo one or the int. version not sold here. if you want something that looks just like another phone buy an icrap and quit crying

Reactions: Dakota 35-2

falconeight

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
ya know whay i hate about cryin ass little girls like you is you want the same phone as everyone else you want the x that spec wise isnt anything compared to the evo one or the int. version not sold here. if you want something that looks just like another phone buy an icrap and quit crying

Nothing more refreshing than a big can of waaa after a prior can of waaa.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
enough with the arguing an complaining!!

If you like the One X and hate the evo lte, answer is easy, go to AT&T and get the one X.

I will be getting the evo lte i think it is a beautiful phone.

DavidJ-no one is forcing you to buy this phone.

Complaining about it nonstop isn't going to change it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital