Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Default New pics of Evo One - worst fears confirmed

Thanks Sprint for screwing up the gorgeous One X design.
    Thanked by 3:
    KoukiFC3S and BigDinCA like this.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: New pics of Evo One - worst fears confirmed

Ummm... damn. I don't know what to think. It's not kicking me in the gut like I hoped it would. I'd like to see some better pics from the front and the sides, but the back just looks bizarre, going from glossy to the kickstand and then matte all the way down. I'm not even to keen on that kickstand - the OG EVO had a sweet one that concealed nicely. I guess I'll just go to bed now and hope that this never happened.
    quikric likes this.

Ouch.
    I can see the imports flooding in as we speak.

ROM
    Stock Sense 3.6 ICS 4.0.3

Woooow, just wow. The upcoming Galaxy S3 should have no problems(competition wise) when it hits Sprint, maybe they planned this...

ROM
    Stock

Clean that phone!
    Last edited by BigDinCA; 04-04-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Got in trouble for bad language. Sorry Kevin.

I hate that they changed the curved glass look on the top and bottom..Made the phone look like just another freaking slab!!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

There is still a very small part of me that hopes I'll wake up and this will be a bad hoax.

But I'm gutted. Weeks of anticipation, reading One X reviews and lusting after that phone, all for nothing.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Ummm... damn. I don't know what to think. It's not kicking me in the gut like I hoped it would. I'd like to see some better pics from the front and the sides, but the back just looks bizarre, going from glossy to the kickstand and then matte all the way down. I'm not even to keen on that kickstand - the OG EVO had a sweet one that concealed nicely. I guess I'll just go to bed now and hope that this never happened.
    I have an Evo 4G and would gladly give up the kickstand for a proper design.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    I have an Evo 4G and would gladly give up the kickstand for a proper design.
    I've been on the 3D for awhile now and I have to say I really do miss that kickstand. Although it looks like they set it up to fail, with the charging port being inaccessible while in kicked-out mode. But would it really have been that difficult to keep the original One X design and just add the kickstand? Would it? Sweet Jesus! Dan Hesse and any random HTC exec better watch out at the event later or someone is going to beat the **** out of them.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    I hate that they changed the curved glass look on the top and bottom..Made the phone look like just another freaking slab!!!
    Actually, the HTC One X didn't have a curved screen the begin with. It was just the fact that the sides were curved, which made the phone appear to have a curved screen like the Galaxy Nexus.
    The Officer
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    Actually, the HTC One X didn't have a curved screen the begin with. It was just the fact that the sides were curved, which made the phone appear to have a curved screen like the Galaxy Nexus.
    Exactly.
    The body is curved but the glass is straight giving the illusion its curved.
    The glass has a rounded edges which also give it that look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New pics of Evo One - worst fears confirmed-20120404_162436.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post

Thanks Sprint for screwing up the gorgeous One X design.
    When did Sprint start designing hardware?
    Bacon should be reclassified as meat candy!
    Ballistic Launch from my SPH-L720
    CrackBerry Forums Moderator

Haw haw! Good one, Sprint! Rolling out this POS hours before the announcement just to scare us loyal Evo fans. Meanies.

I can only assume the REAL device will be sleek and sexy like the hottie that was just unleashed in Europe.

*chuckle* hilarious use of that cheese and crackers stick as a kickstand, btw.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Yeah, I'm sick and tired of Sprint screwing up sleek HTC designs. I'll probably pass on this just because of how ugly it is.

This is sad... Hopefully we get a huge surprise and its the One X and not the Evo ONE later today. lol

I'll speak up for this phone. I think it looks fine! The design and placement of the kickstand is clever. Most phones are never designed perfect. At the end of the day, its all about functionality (screen, camera, software), not how it looks. Most of us keep the damn phone in a case the entire time we have it anyway. So most of us probably wont even notice the color change above and below the kickstand because we will have a case covering it up.
    Virgin Mobile Arc -> HTC EVO 4G
    Thanked by 2:
    PittsPgh and zhecht like this.

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

FUGLY! Way to mess up a device that looked sleek and sexy at MWC.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Its not the color change that bothers me, its turning a sleek, well designed phone into another boring brick. Its making all those official HTC accessories worthless. I just don't understand what Sprint has against HTC designs. This looks like this years Thunderbolt. GSIII, here I come

ROM
    stock

I'm putting a skin or case on mine anyway, so I don't really care what the outside looks like (protecting it increases the resale/trade-in value).
    Thanked by:
    Richard_Danger likes this.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Motorola Xoom Running ICS

If this is truly the new Evo One then Sprint just made my decision between the nexus and Evo One a lot clearer this thing looks outdated compared to the htc one x design or the galaxy nexus.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Best one yet!

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    When did Sprint start designing hardware?
    HTC Hero is another phone they did this to. Took a great design and turned it into a generic POS. I was really hoping HTC was putting their foot down on redesigns like this when they said they were shrinking their product line. If they keep this up they'll be no different than they were. Still waiting for a pure, uninfluenced HTC on Sprint. Until that happens, looks like I'm still sticking with Samsung.

It looks fine to me. I like the One X better however the battery trade off is worth it. My only concern is SLCD2 or AMOLED? From the videos I have seen the SLCD2 would be the most important feature! Can't wait to find out more!

Edit: Also the battery looks like it may be removable. Looks to have a camera button!

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

You'd rather get an outdated phone over a modern spec'd phone that looks outdated?

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts
    ROM
    Motorola Xoom Running ICS

Quote Originally Posted by JManekia View Post
    You'd rather get an outdated phone over a modern spec'd phone that looks outdated?
    Well if its a nexus than yes. Software is key for the nexus. So it has a modern design and at least i know i will have the latest OS in a timely fashion. I know i wont have to wait for HTC to not only make their hardware work with the OS, but also make their Sense work as well with the new OS. And lets be honest it can take months for that to happen.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast