Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint announces the EVO 4G LTE

The fellas are in New York tonight at the Sprint event, where the HTC EVO 4G LTE was just announced. Think of it as Sprint's One X, with a few extras.

It has the same Qualcomm S4 dual-core processor as the AT&T One X, with LTE, the same great camera hardware and software, Beats audio, and Sense 4. What sets it apart?

• microSD card slot
    • 2,000 mAh battery (non-removable)
    • dedicated camera button
    • Google Wallet
    • the return of the kickstand

It certainly looks to be a great successor to the EVO 4G, one of the most popular Android phones ever, and a device that set the bar for the next generation of smartphones.

Check out the specs, an image gallery, and the press release from Sprint.

We're getting some hands-on love with the EVO 4G LTE and we'll get it posted shortly.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
    ybcthanerd, Paul627g, RUSH and 2 others like this.

Default Re: Sprint announces the EVO 4G LTE

I'm not a HTC fan but this phone does look good..... I will have to follow this baby as it goes threw the paces...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

How are they handling the "menu" button for legacy app? We must know.

Global Posts
    686 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Really disappointed in Sprint. They destroyed the gorgeous One X design and gave us yet another ugly black brick.

And what happened to the rumors of the 2650mah battery? I would much rather have a One X than this phone, it offers nothing new.
    Thanked by:
    ladyc0524 likes this.

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

ehhh, still doesn't impress me. I hope Verizons got something revolutionary and new by the end of the year. Will never go back to sprint...

I wish they would make a Nexus phone with these specs...
    Thanked by:

Love the phone, but I have to see how the LTE rollout goes before I commit to Sprint.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

i agree, seems like a worthy successor, will have to wait until some reviews and hands-on's are done to further evaluate getting one!!
    Brad

New HTC One M8 on Verizon!!

Hmm, do you think the SD card and SIM card access is on the top? Where is the power button?

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    Really disappointed in Sprint. They destroyed the gorgeous One X design and gave us yet another ugly black brick.

And what happened to the rumors of the 2650mah battery? I would much rather have a One X than this phone, it offers nothing new.
    I don't care at all about how it looks considering I will be getting a case. All I care about is the specs inside and with an SD card, it makes it well worth it.
    Thanked by:
    AndrewWestSide likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Well, these pics look better than last nights leaks. Maybe it's the absence of the pocket lint.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanICS

little disappointed that the 2650ma battery rumor was just that...maybe the EVO4GLTE2 will be available by the time LTE lights up in my neighborhood

I am looking forward to getting it!
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

I hope Sprint will also launch an EVO Shift LTE phone soon too. I need the Keyoard and I am not a fan of Samsung after all the software problems I have had with my moment and epic.
    J

i like it. now just have to wait and see what the GS3 is.

will be this or the GS3

Who's idea was it for the two tone back????? SMDH
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXer View Post
    Hmm, do you think the SD card and SIM card access is on the top? Where is the power button?
    no mentions of sim, ast i heard srpint was going for a sim free lte solution, but times have changed along with their partners ...

This looks great and is a true worthy successor to the OG EVO. I'm not a fan of the half gloss half matte rear casing, but it's nothing a nice slim form-factor case can't fix. For those who like to run bareback with their device, I think the design decision could be a turn off for some. It's not terrible, but I think the standard HTC One X wins in the aesthetics department. It's by no means a deal breaker for me though.

To me, the slightly larger battery (even if it's still non-removable) and more importantly, the micro-SD card slot are the true winners here, and make this phone superior to the One X.

I probably won't own this device, but I'm excited for HTC fans that have been holding on to their EVOs waiting for something worthy, and I'm excited for Sprint.

This will undoubtedly be a winner this year.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Need to see the Galaxy note first before I decide

dedicated camera button..nice!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - 4.2.2
    ---------
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus - 4.2.1
    HTC EVO 4G - 2.3.5

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Smh....

Another phone destroyed by carrier involvement. We will never get timely updates at this rate. I guarantee that the original One X will receive an update to the next version of Android many months before this...this deformed beast.

It's becoming more clear to me everyday that I'm going to have to buy my devices unlocked from across the pond.

I know some people don't mind the changes, but even in their hearts, they will admit that they were truly wishing that the One X hadn't received these changes.
    Thanked by:
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Linebarrel86 View Post
    Smh....

Another phone destroyed by carrier involvement. We will never get timely updates at this rate. I guarantee that the original One X will receive an update to the next version of Android many months before this...this deformed beast.

It's becoming more clear to me everyday that I'm going to have to buy my devices unlocked from across the pond.

I know some people don't mind the changes, but even in their hearts, they will admit that they were truly wishing that the One X hadn't received these changes.
    I'm not convinced Sprint demanded all of these changes.

Did want the Sprint GNex, was waiting on the SGS3, but as of right now it looks like I'll get this. The differences between this and the original One X are what really have me sold on this device. If I had to choose between Sense and TouchWiz, it would be Sense all the way.

As what was said earlier, an "ugly" phone can easily be remedied with a nice case, and I've never been a big-battery swap person so that is also not a factor (Still getting at least a day out of the OG EVO with low 3G and moderate to heavy WiFi use).

Bring on May 7th!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bjones521 View Post
    Who's idea was it for the two tone back????? SMDH
    the rest of the body is aluminum, which will interfere with the radio, so they did the two tone to keep radio interference to a minimum.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast