Um... So why all the hate for this phone?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I simply cannot understand why this phone is getting so much hate. Let's look at some points:

-LTE
-Superior S4 processor
-Bigger 2000mah battery
-Micro SD
-Kickstand
-Hardware camera button
-HD Voice technology (positive impressions so far)
-Bulky? It's the SAME thickness (thinness?) as the One X - 8.89mm

So they changed the styling. So the matte+gloss isn't that appealing. It's still on paper the best HTC device - that's not debatable. The better processor, bigger battery (which matters more because it's non-removable) and micro SD ensure that. It looks much better on video than in pictures anyway, and a case would be a wise idea in the real world.

Looks great. I'm waiting to see Samsung's offering first, but this will be hard to beat.

Last edited:

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I simply cannot understand why this phone is getting so much hate. Let's look at some points:

-LTE
-Superior S4 processor
-Bigger 2000mah battery
-Micro SD
-Kickstand
-Hardware camera button

So they changed the styling. So the matte+gloss isn't that appealing. It's still on paper the best HTC device - that's not debatable. The better processor, bigger battery (which matters more because it's non-removable) and micro SD ensure that. It looks much better on video than in pictures anyway, and a case would be a wise idea in the real world.

Looks great. I'm waiting to see Samsung's offering first, but this will be hard to beat.

They all mad cause they thought it would look exactly like the One X

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

-LTE
-Superior S4 processor
-Bigger 2000mah battery
-Micro SD
-Kickstand
-Hardware camera button

....... Looks great. I'm waiting to see Samsung's offering first, but this will be hard to beat.

Specs-wise, you're right. This thing is absolutely superb. And the screen looks to be almost magical. Not just the SLCD, but the fact there isn't a thick piece of glass separating you from the screen. The design is what is throwing people off. Not that it's horrible, per se, but mostly because there was an expectation that this thing would look as sexy as the One X, with the smooth lines and cut of the glass. We'll get over it at some point. Some of us, anyway. Maybe.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe not quite as sexy, but it's still pretty slick. Thin and light. Bigger battery and microSD in the same thickness? I'll take it.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Mostly because they changed the shell and made it ugly for no good reason. Also there were some pretty strong rumors about a 2650mah battery.

JGuez

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll really just never understand the decision on using 2 different types of material on the back.

HOWEVER, it does look like the top does come off so I'm wondering if a 3rd party will make a replacement for the top half to match the bottom.

Reactions: crzycrkr

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll really just never understand the decision on using 2 different types of material on the back.

HOWEVER, it does look like the top does come off so I'm wondering if a 3rd party will make a replacement for the top half to match the bottom.

could have somethig to do the the NFC chip under it, maybe it don't work so well thru metal

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Go to home depot and get some Krylon Fusion and fix the gloss black part if you want. Or you could just whip out your bedazzler. For me, I'll be spending most of my time looking at the front, not the back.

Reactions: strawhatnito0890

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I'm shocked at the hate of the design. It's a phone. Do you sit around with your friends and say, "Your phone looks more awesome than mine :(?" Or do you say, "Dude, too bad I have a bigger batter, a microSD card, a dedicated phone button, and a kickstand." I'm thinking I can live with the design.

The phone rocks.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I'm shocked at the hate of the design. It's a phone. Do you sit around with your friends and say, "Your phone looks more awesome than mine :(?" Or do you say, "Dude, too bad I have a bigger batter, a microSD card, a dedicated phone button, and a kickstand." I'm thinking I can live with the design.

The phone rocks.

You could say the same thing about cars. And the answer is that yes, looks do matter, lol. More to some than to others, but yeah, they do

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Companies spend millions on design, millions more on ads and marketing that focuses on the design, and its the first impression on a customer.

Of course design matters, why do people think they can have design or specs, and not both?

hero992000

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have put a case on every phone i have owned so i dont care what the back looks like this phone is a beast can't wait till its released

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Certainly alot better step up than the EVO 3D was for the EVO 4G

Not saying much. THe 3D was absolute trash in my opinion, lol. I walked into the store, picked it up, messed with it for a few, put it down, and walked out. Never even though about it again. This phone definitely has a lot of great things, but there are a few head scratchers in there and the design is one of them

Tommo153

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that I hate is the glossy top cover on the back of it, and that can be fixed with a case, but I still hope I can buy a matching matt black cover.

jrcbandit

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Only reason to hate on the phone is if you don't use a case. I'll never see the back of the phone again once I get my Seido or Otterbox installed ;p.

JGuez

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Will the phone be a beast and run very well?

Yes, logic is saying most likely it will be a hell of a phone.

There's nothing wrong though with not wanting to buy something because of the way it looks.

For example, would people be happy if this phone was pink and was only sold in pink? My guess is not.

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
You could say the same thing about cars. And the answer is that yes, looks do matter, lol. More to some than to others, but yeah, they do

To whom?

I personally wouldn't want to hang around a shallow or vapid person who judged who I am as a person based on the phone I used.

A phone is a tool to help me accomplish tasks. I don't care how sexy a phone is. If it can't help me accomplish the things I need, it is useless.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
To whom?

I personally wouldn't want to hang around a shallow or vapid person who judged who I am as a person based on the phone I used.

A phone is a tool to help me accomplish tasks. I don't care how sexy a phone is. If it can't help me accomplish the things I need, it is useless.

You can have both design and function (specs). It's not an either/or choice.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
To whom?

You misunderstand me and make huge assumptions as to my meaning. I never said anything about judging a person off the looks of their phone or car. I just said people care about the way their possessions look. Like someone else said here, if it was only offered in pink would you care? how about some hello kitty engravings? I like the things I spend money on to be nice. I wash and wax my car even though it doesn't affect the actual performance because I want my things to look nice and not run down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy