I've played with the HTC EVO 4G LTE ... Ask me anything!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Is the hardware change a deal breaker compared to the One X?

Only if you're really inflexible and are in the market for an unlocked or AT&T GSM One X. You shouldn't give up the display and camera and Sense 4 (and maybe Sprint's network?) just because the shell looks a little different.

Do you think this hardware change by Sprint will further throw off the update process for when the next version of Android is released?

Absolutely not. They've already got to roll their own version anyway.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
One question, without being able to remove the battery how would you go about "rebooting" the phone in case of a freeze? I do battery pulls more often than I want to admit on my original EVO 4g. It makes me nervous not being able to pull the battery.

Click your heels together. Seriously. Don't worry about this.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Can the kick-stand support the phone while charging?

evo-4g-lte-23.jpg

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Any idea what type of solder they used for the contacts on the S4 chipset?

Seriously, though: is there actually a small glass lens cover on that back piece to protect the camera lens and be replaced, if needed?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
no quad core and no current lte coverage? So we Evo3D owners should get this because they upgraded the camera features? And why the cheap earbuds when the Rezound came with such quality?

Last edited:

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Any idea why they are being vague about the release date? The phone is ready/finalized...they gave a date for pre orders...why not commit to an actual release date?

lol. Cause that's how it's done. I'd love for them to actually give release dates when announcing devices. You have no idea how much I want that.

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
no quad core and no current lte coverage? So we Evo3D owners should get this because they upgraded the camera features?

Other than the camera:
  • The krait processor has shown to be a good improvement (benchmarks equal to or above the quad core)
  • Larger battery
  • Larger internal memory
  • Sense 4.0 vs the sense 3.6 that the 3D is expecting
  • Kickstand
  • Major improvement on the screen

I could keep the list going if you'd like...

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
no quad core and no current lte coverage? So we Evo3D owners should get this because they upgraded the camera features? And why the cheap earbuds when the Rezound came with such quality?

LTE is coming. Heck even if i wasnt going to get LTE(full sprint network will be LTE by end of 2013). I would get thisphone

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
- have you ever noticed Sense launcher reloading when you hit home and have lots of processes? This is a common issue with Sense on many phones

- does the software differ in any way from One X?

- does HTC/Sprint have any plans for official unlocked bootloader.

- does the camera lesn protrude less/more/same as One X?

- is the notification light in the same place on the speaker grill?

- please do a battery test with screen on 100% and playing a movie to see how many hours it can last

Looking forward to your review, thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95